Are you at risk of flooding?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just found out that on the environment agency website you can enter your postcode and find out if you're house is at risk of flooding and or has flooded in the past. Shows you a pretty little map.

surely an absolute must for anyone moving house. Takes 2 seconds and could save you thousands of pounds and a crap load of hassle.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/

tried to find this a while ago as it was mentioned on the news a fews back I think :) thanks for the link. Looks like we are just off the edge of flooding.

their map shows that on the edge of extreme flooding :eek:

Doesn't say what they class as extreme flooding though :cautious:

I'm just far enough away from the River Tame to be out of any danger - thankfully!

Good link though.(y)

I live on a very large steep hill half way up, so miss all the flooding but the bottom of the hill got it about 5-6 feet deep this last few weeks, and the main road into Sheffield disappeared down a 60-80 feet drop, So its major detour time for about 6 months ish.

I also live on a hill, risk of flooding on extreme floods was 0.1%, I think I might be safe :thinking:

I'm safe, but I knew a fair amount of the land nearby could be threatened but didn't realise just how much, it must be tens of thousands of acres looking at that map.

Judgin by the results, I should go buy a yacht!:eek:

I made the 'sensible choice' to live at the top of a hill

Didn't think about the brook = river = flood at the bottom of the hill!

Thankfully, there's more than one way out of here, but the 3 mile drive to my mothers' became a 'too risky to come' one (shame!) - strangely enough, she thinks we're still flooded out round here, can't think where she got that idea

I'm pretty safe unless noahs flood comes again. :D

Back