Are you my mum ?

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys first up rip in crit wise tis 3 years since I did this madness at night would adore help 'n' thoughts.

techs 1/125 f4 ISO 16,000 yeah 16 K taken at night with little rotolight led continuous lights not flash from front door step at 400mm circa 5-7M.they are close

Not much more to say really read the" to catch a fox thread in talk nature" for more details

Ta for looking, ha it is very hard to put into words just how hard it is for me to go to bed right now whist being blessed with this stuff literally on one's door step

_S2I4800 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

stu

Looking good Stu.
Nothing to add.

Saw them in the other thread Stu.

Light has been my nemesis with my own foxes, I must be up at over 1000 visits now over 3 years but apart from 3 occasions, they always come when it's dark. It's very dark here, even darker now we have LED street lighting. I considered the Rotolights too, as they're constant and the foxes can make their own minds up about them, rather than having flash forced on them. Interesting to see the Rotalights in action. (y)

Watching this with anticipation, exciting times.

A lot to be happy about with that...

IMO, the lights are small, hard, hot, and too frontal; it looks a lot like an on camera flash. Given the situation, IDT there is much you can really do about most of that.

So what I would do at this point, now that you've got plenty of images and documentation accomplished, is combine the lights as (essentially) a single larger source from a single direction much farther off center... more as side/rim lighting. You would want to envision the position/angle etc of the image you want to create with the lighting; and the foxes would have to cooperate. But eventually it would come together (near enough) for some better/more creative images. Of course, optimizing the lighting more for one type/set of images will also be worse for every other opportunity that presents itself.

Lovely shot!!
Even more powerful an image without the OOF cub ;)
Mate thank you. Mike that's a fair point to make..........I kinda like a bit of story in my images. Ii gravitate to that......I guess that is part and parcel of me buddy, I waffle too much constantly tell stories about the images I make. Your point is very valid buddy I hear ya if ya like (y) But there is a reason you are looking at both now just mum:)

A lot to be happy about with that...

IMO, the lights are small, hard, hot, and too frontal; it looks a lot like an on camera flash. Given the situation, IDT there is much you can really do about most of that.

So what I would do at this point, now that you've got plenty of images and documentation accomplished, is combine the lights as (essentially) a single larger source from a single direction much farther off center... more as side/rim lighting. You would want to envision the position/angle etc of the image you want to create with the lighting; and the foxes would have to cooperate. But eventually it would come together (near enough) for some better/more creative images. Of course, optimizing the lighting more for one type/set of images will also be worse for every other opportunity that presents itself.
Steven, thats a cool thought provoking post bless ya for your time. It reinforces my own feelings that I'm simply not being creatiive enough with the lighting, which also bothered me first time around.............last time I always felt I never really dug at the creative possibilities in front of me

Steve there's alot of pondering going on with time we will see if I can bring that to fruition.....with previous knowledge and they behaviours this time I think I can cajole co operation

THANKYOU

Saw them in the other thread Stu.

Light has been my nemesis with my own foxes, I must be up at over 1000 visits now over 3 years but apart from 3 occasions, they always come when it's dark. It's very dark here, even darker now we have LED street lighting. I considered the Rotolights too, as they're constant and the foxes can make their own minds up about them, rather than having flash forced on them. Interesting to see the Rotalights in action. (y)

Watching this with anticipation, exciting times.
I run a ladder by day Dale I have to be sharp or I will really get hurt...so Ii can't hammer this like I want...which is beyond frustrating. fink there is a chance at daylight visits early morns right now bud.......but yeah it all happens at night and yeah you are seeing no abient. No street lights tis back as pitch bar the moon here

Buddy I have to have continuous if I push with a flash they might go onto a orad and under an infrequent but fast moving car......flash is simply not an option

so the roto neos do a job. honestly I want one bigger one Dale something with much more power..an then build on Steven's thoughts ha OH and a smaller lens

who said reach is everything with wildlife ? It weren't me matey:LOL:

As a said in your thread, I'm not envious ;)

Just my own view, the light looks bit 'hot', hope you don't mind an edit?

(Sorry greens seem to be OTT over loading)

View attachment 391170
Gav always bung an edit at me mate.simple as nuff said:cool:

Yes to light being hot yes to green in your edit OTT

but the beasties are better for your edit Gav

Mate this is not day light.this wonderful monster light source IE sun

Tis a whole other.really hard to pop in words buddy tiny lights silly close, mean I have to handle the hilights really well..... I've .not yet done this right mate, Thats why I wanted crit

but your def on the right track (y)

Looking good Stu.
Nothing to add.
Thanks buddy............ickle add on

Chris in the midst of 4 or 5 young cubs and 3adult foxes in a little teeny tiny space say 4M be 4M is a hodge heg.....no fox has hurt heg kidlets have investigated bounced around ,sure but no conflict.

Just an observation for your sex thread mate:oops: :$:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ta Paul was thinking of you today while we had a breif lunch in a wood we see silver washed fs Off to look at your flutterby endevours bro (y)

Back