Aren't natures colours brilliant!

Name
Neil McLeland
Edit My Images
Yes
More from our walk yesterday. I am constantly amazed by the strength of colour in nature. I remember a saying from years ago "blue and green should never be seen" meaning that they clash rather than compliment each other - I don't think so!

natures-colours.jpg

natures-colours2.jpg

C&C always welcome

Neil

Stunning, I know exactly what you mean too Neil. Its always when I am driving, when I notice a "shift" in the light, and everything just pops to life. Its at that time when I start to mumble and moan about having "no time to stop / use my camera", which is followed by my wife mumbling "All he ever mentions is that BLEEPING camera"...

BTW - Its, Red and Green, should never be seen, except on an Irish Queen!...

I think... :cautious:

Gary.

Its a fantastic time of year for colour isn't it. 2 lovely shots there mate.
My missus and I have an arrangement, I talk about togging and she says "yes dear". Works a treat.

Andy

Stunning, I know exactly what you mean too Neil. Its always when I am driving, when I notice a "shift" in the light, and everything just pops to life. Its at that time when I start to mumble and moan about having "no time to stop / use my camera", which is followed by my wife mumbling "All he ever mentions is that BLEEPING camera"...

BTW - Its, Red and Green, should never be seen, except on an Irish Queen!...

I think... :cautious:

Gary.

Thanks Gary. That's the advantage of walking I suppose :thinking: - so long as you have your camera with you!

And if it is red & green then it is no wonder that I have dressed so unfashionably all these years :bang:

Its a fantastic time of year for colour isn't it. 2 lovely shots there mate.
My missus and I have an arrangement, I talk about togging and she says "yes dear". Works a treat.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Fortunately Mrs neilmac does a great job spotting things for me to photograph so although she has no interest in using a camera we make a good team when out and about :D.

Neil, I don't know about Valencia but I have driven from Granada to Cordoba to Seville to Malaga and back to Granada. On the road from Granada to Cordoba, almost every town seems to built on a hill with a castle at the top. If you stop for everyone of them, it's a long journey. Plenty to see in Spain, lucky man. Two great images with #2 reminding me of Andalucia.

Neil, I don't know about Valencia but I have driven from Granada to Cordoba to Seville to Malaga and back to Granada. On the road from Granada to Cordoba, almost every town seems to built on a hill with a castle at the top. If you stop for everyone of them, it's a long journey. Plenty to see in Spain, lucky man. Two great images with #2 reminding me of Andalucia.

Yep - castles everywhere Russell! Or what's left of them anyway. The one in #2 is behind our village above a smaller village called Ayelo De Rugat. Its actually got some notable history.... King Jaime I (the Conquistador) was lured to a pretend wedding there by an Arab rebel, Al-Azraq, and the Aragonese King was ambushed along with his horsemen.

Thanks for your comments (y)

Very nice shots...and I like the bit of historical context, too.:)

Nice pics Neil. I am always surprised by the amount of oines in Spain. I always thought they were colder northern european trees. I find them all around me out there.

Keep 'em coming buddy!

Very nice shots...and I like the bit of historical context, too.:)

Thank you. We only found out the history after we had been here a while and 'discovered' the castle for ourselves - a Google search provided the info.

Nice pics Neil. I am always surprised by the amount of oines in Spain. I always thought they were colder northern european trees. I find them all around me out there.

Keep 'em coming buddy!

Pine everywhere! Home to the Processional Caterpillar, a dodgy character if ever I saw one! There aren't many 'nasties' out here but they should be given a wide berth.

Neil

Pine everywhere! Home to the Processional Caterpillar, a dodgy character if ever I saw one! There aren't many 'nasties' out here but they should be given a wide berth.

Neil

I remember when I first saw the Processionary caterpillars - I thought they were great, poked them with a stick and all!! Now .............. Burn any I find, but make sure I don't breath in the smoke. Unfortunately I've got a couple in our trees, but they're too high to cut off.

I remember when I first saw the Processionary caterpillars - I thought they were great, poked them with a stick and all!! Now .............. Burn any I find, but make sure I don't breath in the smoke. Unfortunately I've got a couple in our trees, but they're too high to cut off.

They'll drop out when they are ready :eek:
:runaway:

Lovely shots. I especially love the colour of the sky, so bold and clear.

I was hoping to go for a nice stroll through some woodland today, camera in hand. But it pee'd it down so I stayed wrapped up indoors instead.

Lovely shots. I especially love the colour of the sky, so bold and clear.

I was hoping to go for a nice stroll through some woodland today, camera in hand. But it pee'd it down so I stayed wrapped up indoors instead.

Thank you Nicola. The weather does make such a difference! ;)

Nice shots & yes, natures colours are stunning....makes things difficult for us photographers to do them full justice !!

simon

Thanks Simon (y) Just gotta keep trying....

Back