Argos clearance - Canon 300mm Zoom

I would agree with some parts of the review and also disagree with others. I don't think you will find a good review for a 300mm telephoto lens at under £100 new????

Still not sure what to do :thinking:

[Current Kit: 450D + Kit Lens (18-55mm)]

Still not sure what to do :thinking:

[Current Kit: 450D + Kit Lens (18-55mm)]

At the price you cannot go wrong, buy it, use it, and if you donot like it sell it and get your money back.

I watched a few before buying my first and they all went anywhere From £85 to over £100 second hand

They are a good lens, ok no IS but you can overcome that

Just my 2 cents

Spike

Thanks for the help guys, I have made the purchase. I am fairly certain I will get a Canon body, if not I can always sell the lens on...or send it back under false descriptions lol.

I am fairly certain I will get a Canon body, if not I can always sell the lens on...or send it back under false descriptions lol.

Well, if you are getting a Canon body instead of a lens, I'll send for several myself!! :D:LOL:

Well, if you are getting a Canon body instead of a lens, I'll send for several myself!! :D:LOL:

Perhaps not the best wording.... I haven't bought the Canon body as yet.

If I don't, the lens will be useless :D

I do realise by buying a lens, I will get a lens :p

Perhaps not the best wording.... I haven't bought the Canon body as yet.

If I don't, the lens will be useless :D

I do realise by buying a lens, I will get a lens :p

Just a little josh!! Good luck with both mate! (y)

Oh ffs :( I want it although i didnt use my old 70-300 (sigma) lens that often plus i want the 10-20 asap so should really save for that (yes i am trying to talk myself out of it as i type this :LOL: )

Going about it all wrong Matt, it is much easier to talk yourself into something.

Think how cheap it is, how you'd not lose much if you resold it, that's what I did :D

Still not decided on the camera body :LOL:

I already have the 55-250 is lens , is it worth getting one of these for the money or am i buying for the sake of it :)

Stick with your 55-250! It's a better lens all round, but you could buy one and sell it on!

Should be 8 lefyt as they just refunded me my money as they will only deliver to MAINLAND Uk only.

Ah well i already have this lens and seeing as its not the IS model it saved me having to sell my lens now.

So what else can i buy with the money:D

Spike

now here is a questions, i ordered the argos lens hoping it has IS, now do i return it and keep my Tamron 70-300mm, f4 DI lens. keep the canon lens and sell the tamron. or just keep both lenes?

Paul

I don't think it's such as good a deal as people make out? It is about £20-30 cheaper than everywhere else granted and a good price. But having owned one when I started out, I wouldn't wish the lens on anyone wanting to take any decent shots with it. It's not awful it's just...well... a very cheap, slow telephoto zoom lens in that focal range with no IS. I'd always advise people to save and buy something better, even if it was £50 tbh. Just my opinion though.

Back