Armageddon - Westcombe (again)

The second one is superb Neil. I've said it before, but I really like how you capture, post process and present these images particularly around the horizon line to create that seamless blend from sea to sky. It is something I'd very much like to learn how to do.

Simon.

Nice images, I share Simon's thoughts on the LE transition on the horizon.

I would like to see the second one rotated slightly to have the transition at the base of the rock formation horizontal and the spire more vertical, I can't help feeling that it's all falling over with the direction of the clouds, leaning spire and the only horizon that can be read leaning the same way.

Different dramas,
same ol'mastery!
(y)

The second one is superb Neil. I've said it before, but I really like how you capture, post process and present these images particularly around the horizon line to create that seamless blend from sea to sky. It is something I'd very much like to learn how to do.

Simon.
Thanks Simon

Different dramas,
same ol'mastery!
(y)
Cheers Jim, I know what you mean about the perspective but thats just how it is, I did try altering it but it just didn't look right at all.

Different dramas,
same ol'mastery!
(y)
Thanks Daniel

I really like the 1st. It's got such a huge contrast with the white water of the sea and dark beach and the warm tones in the sky. It's a real feast for the eyes.

The others fine and very you but loving one
Cheers Steve, appreciate that, also a little surprised as I know you're not usually keen on darker images.

Love the colours and tones in the first, and the sense of mystery in the second - both great shots (y)(y)
Thanks Matt

I'd love the first if it was cropped down to a 'paranamic' format. Crop it to where the beach meets the LHS and it has a lot more imact.
Tried all sorts of crops with this, I'll take a look again but had a feeling the 50/50 horizon put me off the crop you mention and it made little difference to the feel or impact. I will double check later tho when I get chance. Cheers

Love the soft gorgeous light in the first, the strip at the front helps to lead nicely into the rest of the frame. The 2nd one is signature Neil Burnell, nowt left to say really

The first is one of the best shots I've ever seen on here. I am currently processing some Vik (Iceland surprise surprise shots) and I wish they were half as good as this! The point is the resemblance is striking. Your vision and processing has brought this shot to life though to be fair.

The first is one of the best shots I've ever seen on here. I am currently processing some Vik (Iceland surprise surprise shots) and I wish they were half as good as this! The point is the resemblance is striking. Your vision and processing has brought this shot to life though to be fair.
Thanks so much Craig, really appreciate that so much :) ... Actually you have made my day!

Both are beautiful shots in my opinion, drama, colour, great lines in 1st mystery in the 2nd. Just brill.
Thanks Martin :)

As usual Neil, fantastic images, but especially the colour version.
Thanks Toni

Thanks to everyone who has commented, I'm never quite sure about my colour work especially when I dont mute it, really happy with comments on these.

Both great, but for me No2 is at the next level.
Surreal, and the blend of foreground to background is wonderful.

Back