Asian model of camera any good?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I´m just about to buy my first dsrl camera. I´m going for the Canon EOS 60d.

While I was comparing prices I realised that there are huge differences between the shops.

Some shops say that they are selling the Asian version of the camera.
What does it mean? Is it still the same camera just the manual is not in English or is it not advisable to buy such a camera?

Thanks for your help!

What shops are you looking at?, buy from a reputable dealer and you wont have any issues

Go look at digital rev if you are considering a grey camera, that's the term for a camera that come from outside Europe and does not have a warranty but i believe digital rev offer a one year guarantee.

Yes I was looking at digital rev and yes they offer 1 year guarantee. So the camera itself is no difference then I guess. Just sometimes the issue of no warranty.
Will have a look at Panamoz, thanks for replys.

The camera will be the same. You may not get the original manual and the box is likely to be one from a camera/lens kit. And you will not be able to get any warranty support in the UK unless they vendor supply a seperate warranty.

The camera is exactly the same, you may have to change the language in the menu though. I bought a 60D from Panamoz last year and got an English manual and charger. They are very good with warranty returns too. I had a Sigma lens that had a problem when it was 11 months old, I emailed Panamoz to let them know, they gave me a UK address to send it to and only 11 days later I had a brand new Sigma lens delivered to my door with full warranty. I haven't used them in a while, but I would easily recommend Panamoz and I'll more than likely buy from them in the future.

Another place to look is Hdew Cameras. They are in the UK and will give you a VAT receipt if requested. They have similar prices to Panamoz and DigitalRev and their service is fantastic. I've bought a 5D3 with 24-105 f4L and a 5D3 body from them and they give a 3 year warranty on most of their goods and use UK based and Canon approved service centres for warranty work.

Thanks so much for all the comments.
Also thanks for mentioning Hdew Cameras!
I´ll know where to buy now. :)

I can vouch for HDEW, you get the same product with a great saving plus a better and longer warranty.why wouldn't you? and they supply a VAT receipt so nothing dodgy. Brought 2 bodies from them and just waiting for my 5d mkiii. very excited!

Just so you are aware, a few years ago there were fake 60d's( and oth Canon DSLR's) being sold. They are made in China and don't have a serial number ( or didn't at the time)
I can recommend DigitalRev too, great service when I bought my Fuji from them. It came with a full UK and European warranty.
Allan

Last edited:
Just so you are aware, a few years ago there were fake 60d's( and oth Canon DSLR's) being sold. They are made in China and don't have a serial number ( or didn't at the time)
I can recommend DigitalRev too, great service when I bought my Fuji from them. It came with a full UK and European warranty.
Allan

Hi,
thanks for your comment. Where about are the serial numbers? Are they under the camera?

Welcome to the forum Stefanie

You may have stumbled across the bundles offered by both companies ( HDew and Panamoz ) on the 60D. Panamoz has a greater variety of bundles

http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/canon.html?p=2

while HDew seem to be only currently offering the 60D with the standard 18-55 II lens. You need to factor in the extra cost of buying through HDew of course, while noting the extended warranty. From experience here, warranty has never been an issue with Panamoz. In the event of any problems simply send the camera to Canon and the quote to Panamoz. Panamoz will refund you on the strength of the quote by bank transfer or Paypal. I've noticed that there is quite a variation in price so you'll need to factor in how much an extended warranty is to you.

You may need to check on delivery times too. Last time I made enquiries through HDew, it was something in the order of a week. I think Panamoz may be quicker despite shipping from a further location.

Good luck with your purchase (y)

Welcome to the forum Stefanie

You may have stumbled across the bundles offered by both companies ( HDew and Panamoz ) on the 60D. Panamoz has a greater variety of bundles

http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/canon.html?p=2

while HDew seem to be only currently offering the 60D with the standard 18-55 II lens. You need to factor in the extra cost of buying through HDew of course, while noting the extended warranty. From experience here, warranty has never been an issue with Panamoz. In the event of any problems simply send the camera to Canon and the quote to Panamoz. Panamoz will refund you on the strength of the quote by bank transfer or Paypal. I've noticed that there is quite a variation in price so you'll need to factor in how much an extended warranty is to you.

You may need to check on delivery times too. Last time I made enquiries through HDew, it was something in the order of a week. I think Panamoz may be quicker despite shipping from a further location.

Good luck with your purchase (y)

Thanks for your reply.

Yes in Hdew the camera was the same price as in any other shop here in the uk, just with a longer warranty. But I realised that they only give you 1 year warranty on the lenses and also you pay for shipping, as well.

Panamoz way way cheaper and has more warranty on the lenses, as well. And more choice for the bundles.

I´ve ordered the 60d with a 18-200mm kit lens, plus a 50mm 1.4 lens. I hope it all goes smoothly and comes soon. I´m so excited, can´t wait. :)
I read so much about photography recently, that I can´t wait holding and shooting with a proper camera.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes in Hdew the camera was the same price as in any other shop here in the uk, just with a longer warranty. But I realised that they only give you 1 year warranty on the lenses and also you pay for shipping, as well.

Panamoz way way cheaper and has more warranty on the lenses, as well. And more choice for the bundles.

I´ve ordered the 60d with a 18-200mm kit lens, plus a 50mm 1.4 lens. I hope it all goes smoothly and comes soon. I´m so excited, can´t wait. :)
I read so much about photography recently, that I can´t wait holding and shooting with a proper camera.

Both times I've got stuff from Panamoz its taken 4 days to arrive. You'll be holding your new camera sooner than you think!

Having bought from Panamoz on more than one occasion, and using bank transfer, I can recommend them not only on price but on delivery too. The cameras came with instructions in English and UK chargers.

Email them from their website and ask for their best price on what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Back