At last a Spider!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
For the first time in at least a month I found a spider in the house! For ages now, living creatures have been conspicuous by their absence in these wintery times... She was sat in a small hole so I had to tease her out, and then gave her a leaf to sit on while I set up the camera in the kitchen!

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2010:01:14 22:41:15
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160)
Aperture: f/11.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
Photographer: Copyright www.pauliddon.co.uk

Paul.

Welcome back Paul (y) Excellent as always, will you be teasing him out every week till summer :LOL:

crumbs thats close! lovely colours (y)

Brilliant, nice touch with the leaf. I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to spiders but I like their photos. Holding a camera makes me brave though, I get much closer than I would without one.

Really nice pic :D

'She' is actually a 'he'. Not 100% on species but I think he's a Coelotes terrestris which lives in holes and spins a messy web radiating out from the hole.

Cheers Will, I should have said he, when I saw the palps.

The spider lives inside a small square space between the joints of two pieces of wood that make up the (badly measured) frame space around a small window above the front door of the house.

Paul.

I like the details and the colours (although spiders always make me feel uncomfortable).. nice shot anyway!

Back