Audi TT & Skoda Octavia vRS, Pollok House, Glasgow

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
A few photos from tonight, experimenting with different lighting and long exposures. The car could have done with a clean beforehand but fulfilled the role I required. I had originally planned to try some light painting photos but soon discovered I didn't actually know the technique required for this :D I'll maybe research that and try that next time.

6980435047_d21aa99258_z.jpg

6834307536_648764d738_z.jpg

6980436655_c016ecbe20_z.jpg

6834308002_35ca9861da_z.jpg

6981972925_20f51ac9d6_z.jpg

Last edited:
Rite next to my old flat, been past there many times.

Light painting a red car looks tough, keeping the paint from going a slight shade of pink. Quite like the idea of number two, but the light trails mite work better behind the car.

Thanks for the comments. The light trails were unplanned in that photo, it is a secluded and quiet road and out of nowhere a van passed by mid exposure :)

Using LEDs puts alot of blues into red paint.
I started off using LED but changed after getting the same result.

I would be tempted to merge 1+2 then drop the saturation on blue channels.

Nice shots and nice location!

Thanks for the comments, I'll maybe try this again but with a different light source rather than LED.

I've added a 5th photo into the original post above. A second BW version.

I returned last night and attempted this with another car and a standard bulb torch rather than a LED. In camera these photos looked much better than the previous nights efforts but once I got home and started editing them in Photoshop they were much more tricky to deal with. I've struggled with these and not so sure I like the results.

6839084120_738d05bf56_z.jpg

6985205765_ba27726278_z.jpg

Last edited:
I like the VRS ones, I have a 2010 VRS in white, hopefully going to get round to taking some similar shots of mine once the better weather comes in and I get round to cleaning it!

Thanks. When I bought this car I was very tempted to buy it in white, it looks great. Nice to see I'm in the company of other vRS owners.

I'm surprised you were able to take a car round there at night, or indeed, having encountered the sorts that hang around in the park, that you'd want to....

Flash In The Pan said:
I'm surprised you were able to take a car round there at night, or indeed, having encountered the sorts that hang around in the park, that you'd want to....

It was surprisingly quiet on both occasions but I was prepared to grab my camera gear and make a rapid exit if needed.

love these new VRS's. Saw an ambulance variant a few weeks back!

Really like the second shot on the TT!

I think there were some interesting activities going on in that car park, I avoided going there!

I'll maybe try a few shots of my own car down there one evening with the strobist gear if you fancy a reshoot...

Back