audio equipment repair needed...

bastic

A star
Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.
Does anyone knows a place in London or UK, where I could get some old audio equipment fixed ??
Or maybe anyone on here knows electronics ??
Thanks

Hi.
Does anyone knows a place in London or UK, where I could get some old audio equipment fixed ??
Or maybe anyone on here knows electronics ??
Thanks

You will more as likely find Lukas most small independant Hi/Fi shops use their own place for repairs. It will also be dependent on what exactly you have that needs fixing. About 4-5 years back I had a Denon surround amp that was playing up, took it in to a local shop and they sent it off. They said there would be a charge of £50 to determine what the problem was but that would be taken off of the bill if I got it repaired. They took all the boards out and re-soldered all the dry joints that were starting to lift, in total about £140 which suited me.

Anywhere in London :)
SE or city would be best.

It is a walkman.

Try DK in Mitcham

http://www.dkavs.co.uk

They have a long established branch near me in Horley which I've used a few times over the years. They repair all types of electronic equipment.

Try DK in Mitcham

http://www.dkavs.co.uk

They have a long established branch near me in Horley which I've used a few times over the years. They repair all types of electronic equipment.

sent them a question

I found a place in London that could possibly fix it but....minimum charge would be £75!!!!!

I think that guy thought I have shed loads of money when I told him model number...and I was given that walkman and do not have money ;D

If it's a genuine Walkman, try a Sony Centre or a genuine Sony repair centre (check the Sony website). It's been a long time since I was a student working in a Sony Centre, but we used to take in a few older pieces of kit for repairs.

If it's a genuine Walkman, try a Sony Centre or a genuine Sony repair centre (check the Sony website). It's been a long time since I was a student working in a Sony Centre, but we used to take in a few older pieces of kit for repairs.

worth to try I guess...
thanks

There is one(repair centre) that I might try that is not too far from me...
they want £15 deposit for starters which is not much I suppose ...
I have ordered a belt for it so might give it a go once it arrives...

ok...
for a wile now, thanks to stereo2go.com , I had service manual to my disposal

I just took it apart - couldn't wait ...

belt was in pieces and melted down in my hands !!!
placed battery in it to see motor run !!!!!!!!!!!!!

so walkman is alive!!

this morning, I have ordered a new belt all the way from Slovakia.
Once it arrives, I will give it ago again to see what else is wrong ;D

I think battery LED might be not working but that is not an issue

will keep you posted :)

here is quick photo from mobile
10293788795_9570484a48_z.jpg

Back