Aurora alert

Maybe it's a bit too light to see anything at the moment, though.
At 3pm on an August afternoon, that's a bit of an understatement!!! :D

The alert is a glitch with the sensors in Lancs. ;)

Its a glitch in one of their sensors according to their facebook page.

A glitch in the Matrix?
Apparently, a black cat walked past the sensor, then another one, just like it, did the same.........:D

In Iceland back in March '15, the Aurora Borealis was visible well before full dark, even looking over streetlights at Geysir. Only as a curtain but definitely visible.

hmmmm, I think there is mower to this story than meets the eye.... :coat:

Groan.......

In Iceland back in March '15, the Aurora Borealis was visible well before full dark, even looking over streetlights at Geysir. Only as a curtain but definitely visible.

They obviously have a better quality of lawn mower than we do down here........

it seems that it may actually be at storm level right now! Had an alert about 30 mins ago and assumed it was still wrong. Just seen first posting on twitter of apparently Aurora over mid-Wales not long ago!

According to a meteorologist living at Norfolk, there is - or rather - has been a faint aurora display at East Anglia this evening. At least that's what I've seen on Twitterland. But I won't grass him up by naming him,

Typical! Totally overcast.

There is currently a level 6 Aurora, hopefully it'll keep going until it gets dark in the UK (and clear skies)

Is this a genuine alert or is someone using the microwave? - there seem to have been so many false alarms.

Is this a genuine alert or is someone using the microwave? - there seem to have been so many false alarms.

There was a nice photo taken over Derwent Water last night of the Aurora, so it was good yesterday.(y)

Think cloud at the moment, not looking promising here :(

It's how far south you are that's the problem................
The west is generally cloudier, so it's all relevant for different reasons.

No, it's a lawnmower that sets the red alert off......as quoted on the News Quiz!
I know it was a lawnmower last time, I thought it a bit late in the day and getting rather dark for grass cutting activities when the alert went out this week ;)

Sorry I should have said far south west. Hope at least some had clear skies and a good view :)

Cloudy ATM in the not-quite-so-far South West but is allegedly clearing up later.

Sorry I should have said far south west. Hope at least some had clear skies and a good view :)

Like Nod, not quite as far southwest but still well into the (usually) aurora free zone. There was one allegedly visible from here several years ago but not not bright enough for me to see as I drove down a nice dark north facing hill off the Blackdowns, not that I knew there was one around at the time. I only found out a few days later. I'd really love to see one.
This one's courtesy of a couple of huge coronal holes, so I guess auroras are possible for another couple of days till they rotate away from us.

Back