Australian Grand Prix

Name
Ross Angus Williams
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else up to watch it live?

Never saw the whole of Bahrain but from what I did see it was a poor race so hopefully Australian will be better.

Vettel for the win, expect Button, Schumacher and Webber to fight for the other 2 podium positions with Hamilton slotting into the top 5 come the end of the race.

I'm up but just leaving for a shoot :( or should that be :)

Great drive by Jenson.

Webber needs a good talking to, resorting to punting people off when things not going his way. perhaps Lewis was right he should retire at the end of the year and go touring car racing.

Great drive by Jenson.

Webber needs a good talking to, resorting to punting people off when things not going his way. perhaps Lewis was right he should retire at the end of the year and go touring car racing.

:muted:

Excellent race, action all over the place and fantastic result, I could get into this F1 lark ;)

and there is the answer , bring in artificial rain for next season , if it hadnt rained i doubt it would have been any different to bahrain :bang:

Great drive by Jenson.

Yeah was good for Jenson, really suited his racing style.

Disagree, thats racing take the all the agression out out of racing then you have follow the leader, mistakes happen, i very much doubt hed have seen Alonso had locked up in the way he did. They where all on the limits in the final couple of laps.

and there is the answer , bring in artificial rain for next season , if it hadnt rained i doubt it would have been any different to bahrain :bang:

That is tooooooo true, the last couple of laps proved that when Hamilton couldnt get past Alonso once the track was fully dry dispite Alonso having knackered tyres.

excellent race, i hope there are a lot more like it

i was working this morning,

just watching it now, on the 26th lap....

it was a great race for sure.

I am disappointed that Vettel had mechanical problems again.

and Hamilton needs to grow up and stop complaining for everything.

Very disappointed with Hamilton tbh. He's showing a real lack of maturity this season :thumbsdown:

If Button was able to say "I'm coming in for slicks NOW", then surely Hamilton could have said "I don't want a second pit stop thanks" :shrug:

Very disappointed with Hamilton tbh. He's showing a real lack of maturity this season :thumbsdown:

If Button was able to say "I'm coming in for slicks NOW", then surely Hamilton could have said "I don't want a second pit stop thanks" :shrug:

maybe the prodigal son is going to be shown up for what he really is , an annoying little upstart :LOL:

i would have bet money on hamilton handing Button his ass this year, but maybe that isnt going to happen afterall?

if i was Rosberg, id be smug while I can, i think Schuey will get the better of him very quickly

i would have bet money on hamilton handing Button his ass this year, but maybe that isnt going to happen afterall?

if i was Rosberg, id be smug while I can, i think Schuey will get the better of him very quickly

Matty, I love you bits as you know, but I hope you are wrong on both counts :p

Seriously though, whilst Lewis is ultimately quicker on raw pace, I think today has highlighted how much more intelligent Jenson is. You can perhaps call it experience, but LH is a WDC and should by now have half an idea what the hell is going on, but apparently not. Regardless of the guys around them, the McLaren fight will be on a race by race basis, and will depend on whether brains or brawn is needed to be the better man. One side note though, Lewis is Ron's boy, today it was made very clear Jenson is new Boss Martins, which could play a role later in the season, especially if Lewis continues to 'endear' himself as he did after the race today :cool:

Elsewhere I think its Vettels championship for the taking, but the RedBull fragility could deny him and hand it to a Ferrari.....

Schumacher needs to find some speed and fight, or this could be the shortest comeback since Mansell climbed into a McLaren ;)

I couldn't disagree with a word of that Yvonne. Perfectly sums up the season so far (y)

bring in artificial rain for next season , if it hadnt rained i doubt it would have been any different to bahrain :bang:

I disagree.

The only thing the rain added was the first few incidents, which were basically a case of a few crashed and dropped out. And the debate of what tyres people were using.

Other than that all the over taking happened with slicks on a dry racing line.

I cannot believe Lewis taking out his frustration on his team. Thats just not on!

He did NOT have to do what they suggested. He is the one who can feel how the tyres are.

But also, if he had not got in when his pit said, he WOULD have had to go in even later, especially as he nearly ruined his new set!

He's still a moody little child, I put him in the same basket as Andrew Murray :shake:

Matty, I love you bits as you know, but I hope you are wrong on both counts :p

Seriously though, whilst Lewis is ultimately quicker on raw pace, I think today has highlighted how much more intelligent Jenson is. You can perhaps call it experience, but LH is a WDC and should by now have half an idea what the hell is going on, but apparently not. Regardless of the guys around them, the McLaren fight will be on a race by race basis, and will depend on whether brains or brawn is needed to be the better man. One side note though, Lewis is Ron's boy, today it was made very clear Jenson is new Boss Martins, which could play a role later in the season, especially if Lewis continues to 'endear' himself as he did after the race today :cool:

Elsewhere I think its Vettels championship for the taking, but the RedBull fragility could deny him and hand it to a Ferrari.....

Schumacher needs to find some speed and fight, or this could be the shortest comeback since Mansell climbed into a McLaren ;)

Yeah i agree, with at, at the moment. But i think that could change very quickily. Redbull must have something in there suspension design that enable ride height adjustments. The other teams will find out what if they havent already. Pretty sure the big guns will have simulair very soon by Europe.

I disagree.

The only thing the rain added was the first few incidents, which were basically a case of a few crashed and dropped out. And the debate of what tyres people were using.

Other than that all the over taking happened with slicks on a dry racing line.

No they didnt, only remember seeing 1 that was on a perfectly dry line. All of Hamiltons for example where on a DRYING track, the circuit was still damp of the racing line pretty much upto and just after he had his second dry stop. By the time he cought back upto the Ferraris it was dry, and there didnt look like there was much he could do about the ferrari despite better tyres and better top end speed.

Just think how much more exciting it would be if half the cars went one way and the other half went the other way. :nuts::nuts:

Realspeed

There are quite a few drivers who could pull it off this year. After Australia I would say, Red Bull, Ferrari and Mclaren all have a shout at the constructors championship. Mind you, it was only interesting because the rain threw a spanner into the works at the start. I have a feeling it would have been Bahrane all over again otherwise.
Bloody good race by Jenson, it was his call to be first in for the tyre change and apart from nearly dumping it into the kitty litter as soon as he came out, it was a flawless performance. I think a lot of the overtaking was people who had done a lap or two on new tyres and had got them up to temp, passing people who had just come out of the pits, were on cold tyres and were still feeling their way round on the new rubber.
Thought it was funny hearing Hamilton whining over the radio!
Roll on Malaysia!

Last edited:
No they didnt, only remember seeing 1 that was on a perfectly dry line. All of Hamiltons for example where on a DRYING track, the circuit was still damp of the racing line pretty much upto and just after he had his second dry stop. By the time he cought back upto the Ferraris it was dry, and there didnt look like there was much he could do about the ferrari despite better tyres and better top end speed.

that was what i thought as well :clap:

Lewis Hamilton is a young man who has recently thrown off the control of his strong father who has orchestrated Lewis' career to date. I suspect his behaviour recently rather underlines that. Hopefully he will finish his deferred teenage rebellion before he ruins the remainder of his career.

imho

Last edited:
I was driving back from the Lakes and wasn't paying attention to the radio, before I knew it I heard the result. Still enjoyed the highlights though.

Oh I always have a battle not to hear the result before I watch it. Radio is banned cos they usually blurt it out without warning.

i was at work and had managed to avoid the result.. right up till my stupid bloody husband blerted it out on msn to me..

I try and watch F1 live, but if not, it's a case of "avoid all TV and radio (and sometimes people!)" until I've had chance to watch it.

It was nice to see the situation where a driver (Button) was able to take a gamble with strategy that had a significant impact on the outcome of the race. There doesn't seem to have been many opportunities for that in recent races.

I try and watch F1 live, but if not, it's a case of "avoid all TV and radio (and sometimes people!)" until I've had chance to watch it.

It was nice to see the situation where a driver (Button) was able to take a gamble with strategy that had a significant impact on the outcome of the race. There doesn't seem to have been many opportunities for that in recent races.

lesson learnt but, next time i hope he is busy doing what he is ment to be doing where he is then i can see it in peace

Back