automatic event/race bib number tagging

Name
urrrm.... Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I've done some looking around on the net and also on these forums but not managed to find a recent thread on the topic so any help is appreciated
I looking to cover an event in a couple of month's time and would like to sell photos with the organiser's cooperation.
I'm just in the planning phase.
I would like to upload photos onto a platform and have the participants be able to search by their bib number.
I know a few big commercial organisations do this but I can't confirm if any hosting sites do this to which I can subscribe.
There is sometimes AI tools based upon facial recognition but I'd like the bib number to be searchable too.

Are there any photo selling sites that currently do this as part of their subscription package?

thanks in advance

I have just looked on my Zenfolio account and it has the ability to sort a gallery in various ways
A-Z
Z-A
Filename
Title
Upload Order
If you were to label the individual photos in number order eg Runner 1 Runner 2 Runner...N then it would seem that it would sort them in number order so an individual could pick out their specific photo.
I don't use any other sites so I can't comment but I hope this helps.
There is a 14 day free trial of Zen which cancels automatically so you could always try it and see if it works , you might need to play around with the file naming , like putting the number first for the sort to work

One problem you may come across is being able to read the numbers. I've done events and half the runners numbers are obscured in some way, either by their arms or other runners ect, or worse MUD! :)

Thanks for all the feedback.
I'll keep this in mind. For the moment, the challenge has gone away but I'll look for future solutions.
cheers

Photohawk does facial recognition via a selfie and will recognise bib numbers

Otherwise you tag the runners bib number in keywording using Photo Mechanic or something that is fast.
thanks, this looks like the best option, especially if an equine photography opportunity comes off.
thanks

Back