mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off for a week starting this Friday night
Was thinking of Perthshire for a week shooting the autumn colours
Is perthshire one of the best places to visit
Looking for a cottage in a remote location
So any areas to stay and places to visit will be welcome

If it was me I would be heading to glencoe, b&bs there or a load in fort William, glencoe would allow you to visit many places as I feel it's pretty central to all the nice spots but in saying that you could spend a week in glencoe alone

perth itself is your best bet for location choices and accomodation. anywhere in that area is a bonus and full of lovely woods etc. you can get to most places within an hour

i dont have a list of woodland walks to hand but ive highlighted the car parks for two of my favourites on the map below

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=56...Untitled item____&eo=0&nwyw=1&ss=yp.undefined

The moncrieffe hill one gives you an awesome view of the estuary of the river earn and some awesome views of the tay estuary aswell

The Kinnoull hill one has an awesome cliff at the edge which is pretty cool and also has an old watchtower at the top. Both are pretty dense forests and quite easy walks.

If you need anything whilst you are in the area I would recommend JRS Photo Hardware on scott street (other shops are available)

Thanks

I've done glencoe several times, and as much as I love the place I wanted to try a different location
Prefer a cottage than a b&b
Can chill out on our own after a long day out
I check the Perth links later when I get home
Thanks again

ok im getting a bit carried away here but this is my local area (bit jealous you are getting a chance to go shoot there)

on top of the last two points i would also suggest deuchny wood (just up the road from kinnoul hill and also scone palace is nearby.

perth city has some nice shooting in old buildings and the bridges some of which date back to medieval times. there is a secret in that you can walk along the railway bridge to the island in the middle of the river and get a shot from the middle of the river. perth also has its two inches (big grassy parks) these are nice for a walk and can be the good choice for photos.

for the true winter shots head for the hermitage. Its beside dunkeld and is an ancient forest. only about 20-30 mins from perth.

This is sounding better and better

Need to look for a cottage later when I get home
Sounds like ill need more than a week
I have 3 weeks off in nov/ dec so may have to revisit if all goes well

bit of advice ive just checked the weather (you've got me wanting to shoot this weekend) its going to be foggy in perth over the weekend in the mornings. If the weather permits get up early and go to the top of kinnoull hill. the estuary is well known to fill with fog but kinnoull hill is normally just high enough to be above it. Try and be up there for sunrise. if only i could get up early enough to catch it

The Hermitage in Dunkeld (north of Perth) will be a good location for Autumn colours

decided to book at these lodges
bit more expensive than we normally pay for a cottage, but they were available and as we only booked today and going sunday, didnt want to hang around and miss out
just about to book for the enchanted forrest , looking at weather forecast its showing mist for most of tuesday afternoon in to the evening, so that should add to the atmosphere

Back