B&W print spotting

Edit My Images
No
Can anyone recommend a kit for spotting B&W prints? I haven't a clue what to buy!

I mostly print on Ilford Multigrade Warm tone fibre, but it would be great if I could use the same kit for RC paper, if that's possible.

Are any of these being sold by Silverprint any good? http://shop.silverprint.co.uk/Black-and-White-Retouching-Inks/products/580/

And I know this may be an ask too far...but how about kits for colour prints?

Thanks.

WoW !! They have gone UP in price ! I have a set of liquids given free from a member of Rayleigh Camera Club who died years ago -- they are made in New Jersey USA and include a 'Grey' and a 'Brown' that can be mixed for 'Warm Tone' papers.

They are all new to me! I have a set of Johnson's of Hendon inks in my darkroom drawer which came in all colours. In those days, more people went in for hand colouring black and white prints.

WoW !! They have gone UP in price ! I have a set of liquids given free from a member of Rayleigh Camera Club who died years ago -- they are made in New Jersey USA and include a 'Grey' and a 'Brown' that can be mixed for 'Warm Tone' papers.

Well Peter, it's not just spotting inks that have gone up!

Those sound like the sort of thing I need. What brand are they?...and are the ones being sold on Silverprint the same sort of thing? I'm a bit confused by them because they are listed as being 'Van Dyke', 'Caput Mortuum/Selenium' etc. I assume those are the name of the particular colour tints, but I've got no idea if they will be appropriate for 'normal' prints.

I also have some 'Johnsons of Hendon' photo colouring dyes ! I had a look at my USA set -- it says ' Retouching Colors ( note Yank spelling ! ) for Ektacolor Prints -- Retouch Methods Company Inc., Chatham, New Jersey 07924 USA

Back