babies

Edit My Images
Yes
Any tips on how to deal with a 3 month old baby?
I have onboard flash, 1 'manual' flash and a wireless flash (3 light sources).

On the last attempt the baby was very restless.

My preference would be to have the camera on a tripod, usung the laptop to remote shoot. My best quality lens is the 70-200 L

Backdrop wise, I only really have a 1.2m whitebox and drops for that.

For something the size of a baby you don't have to worry about full on studio backdrops, fluffy blankets, sheets, scarves, window light and reflectors will get you a set of shots.

Don't worry about trying to shoehorn gear and techniques you're not familiar with, get the baby comfortable and shoot it, then get a parent to hold / interact and you've got the money shot.

Look through the baby posts in the critique section and see how many great shots are that simple. And don't confuse babies with newborns, they're a different kettle of fish.

For something the size of a baby you don't have to worry about full on studio backdrops, fluffy blankets, sheets, scarves, window light and reflectors will get you a set of shots.

Don't worry about trying to shoehorn gear and techniques you're not familiar with, get the baby comfortable and shoot it, then get a parent to hold / interact and you've got the money shot.

Look through the baby posts in the critique section and see how many great shots are that simple. And don't confuse babies with newborns, they're a different kettle of fish.

^^^ This.

If they are restless then you need to distract them or calm them, or wait until they are naturally calm.

Back