Beginner Back into photography after 10 years away

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys. It's been a long time since I started taking photos and a few weeks ago I treated myself to a new camera. Nikon D3300 with stock glass. Once I read up on how to use the thing and what the dials, settings, buttons did I started to point at stuff and shoot. I have been testing out various methods and cand came up with a few random shots. I have no lights, light boxes, tripods or anything yet so its all done by hand and natural lighting, I will invest in some things once I have the spare cash so for the time being it's all working with what I have got.

Anyway here are a few pics to give me some C&C on. I welcome all comments and be as harsh as you want to.. :)

DSC_0033 by chris sharples, on Flickr

thewait by chris sharples, on Flickr

Han and BB8 by chris sharples, on Flickr

trio by chris sharples, on Flickr

I welcome all comments and be as harsh as you want to..
I will.

I love the first take… for the simple but symbolic
(story telling) view.

I recognize and appreciate the attention and muscle
stress of the Lab, I had two (years ago) and though
ii's a grab shot, it touches me right there! Great story
telling there too!

Thanks for the reply. The shot of my dog was one of hundreds taken the other day. It was sunny and warm outside and after tidying my garden I had my little lad and dog out side playing and thought I'll get the camera out. I have some of the dog jumping for the ball and got a few as he was mid air but there were no real focusing point for viewers to look at such as the ball in the air as it was out of shot.. I might have another look and see if I can crop, or edit in some way to make a focal point.

welcome
your shots are quite the thing we all take so keep it up
cheers
geof

Back