Back to Orions Belt

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent some more time out tonight with the new Samyang 135 - which as has been said, is a gorgeous bit of kit to use...

Dialled in my polar alignment some more, and managed 15 stacked shots at 24 seconds, F2.8, ISO1600

Horsehead - Orion.jpg by Simon Stocks, on Flickr

C&C welcome - I also tried some other areas, tried unsuccesfully to get the Rosetta Nebula, but think my framing was well off - also took some of Alcyone (I think)

alcyone.jpg

The Orion is quite superb. Well done!
The blue in the Pleiades can be very difficult to bring out. The stars are looking good, so perhaps you could go for 60s exposures???

The Rosette is fairly bright (nothing like M42 though), so I suspect that you are right to think that the framing was off.

Thank you Don!

I did try a longer exposure as a one time for Pleiades, but the light polution washed it out a lot - it was quite a dark site (Bradbury Rings in Dorset) but its between Bournemouth and Dorchester - Pleiades was bordering on the light corona from Dorchester at the time, so might explain it...

This is what I got for M42 - I'm not actually sure if the bright object on the right is it or not though - it should have been in the general frame according to the star tracker app I was using - but I am a complete beginner at this...

rosette.jpg by Simon Stocks, on Flickr

The Orion shot is excellent.
Sorry, but the others needed a bit more exposure time to show the nebulosity IMHO.

Back