Back to the gym

Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone been back yet?
How are you finding it?

I’m a little apprehensive (despite having had two covid jabs). Partly because I’ve not been for a year. Partly because I’m still anxious about the whole COVID thing and it seems silly that you need to wear a mask in the gym unless you’re exercising.

Definitely need to go back. I lost 6kg through home workouts and diet in the first 6 months of lockdown. Then I’ve slacked off in the last 7 months and put on 5kg.

I don't think I would be happy going to a gym at the moment. It looks as though your home workouts really worked, so could you start doing those again? I am going to start using my bike and turbo trainer again, because I need to include some higher intensity exercise which the walking fails to provide. I may also buy a decent set of weights which my wife and I can both use, possibly outside when the weather is good.

I certainly would not be comfortable with a gym as they seem to be full of young guns and they are the one group at the moment i am keeping the furthest from.
me and wife have our mountain bikes in full use now, i have a carrier fitted to the back for carrying supplies :)

I have been back and was put off by the fact that you don't have to wear a mask.

With regard to gyms, it might be worth me posting this here.

Yep it's all about what's in the air. Don't share air. In gyms people are pumping particles out just like in a pub and shouting. Like the guy says don't share other people's air

Up until lockdown I'd lost a lot through being a gym member - and since lockdown, shielding my now departed father and a nasty bout of bed bound shingles - I've gained it all back again. I want to get back on the case of dropping it down again - and although I've had my first jab - I'm not yet confident about going back in and sharing the air.

Not been for a year and moved house so need to join a gym near me. Going to look at one next week. No issues with going anymore given most of any at risk have had the jab and very little of it about anymore anyway. I wouldn’t be joining if masks had to be worn though.

Back