Back

Very nice creative portrait style capture Gav, with some good light & shade lighting.

Was your wife back lit ( Yeah I know it was a bad one)
Nice shadow detail and lighting.
PS, I know nothing about this type of Photography but I do know what pleases my eyes.

I like the concept but am a bit unsure of the shoulders. To me it sort of distracts attention from the back. Probably very subjective though. Cheers!

Was your wife back lit ( Yeah I know it was a bad one)
Nice shadow detail and lighting.
PS, I know nothing about this type of Photography but I do know what pleases my eyes.
Thank you, to the back, side, that reads bad..
I like the concept but am a bit unsure of the shoulders. To me it sort of distracts attention from the back. Probably very subjective though. Cheers!
Thank you, I'm was a little worried the shoulders dominate the image, I will try again at some point.

I was a little worried the shoulders dominate the image
They do, but I wonder if it's because the "fore" shoulder is OOF. A click through to Flickr shows what appears to be a fairly shallow DoF and I wonder if the sharpness catches the eye which is then obscured by a blurry bit in front. I think it's just a simple case of opening the aperture a bit to get it all in focus. Could be wrong though!

They do, but I wonder if it's because the "fore" shoulder is OOF. A click through to Flickr shows what appears to be a fairly shallow DoF and I wonder if the sharpness catches the eye which is then obscured by a blurry bit in front. I think it's just a simple case of opening the aperture a bit to get it all in focus. Could be wrong though!
Thank you, Ian, I did use shallow DoF, f4.5 I think, I think I've messed up :LOL: I'll ask for another go..

Back