Backdrop colour change from white to what?

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I have always shot on just a black, white or grey background, but ive become somewhat bored of them. So what colout backgrounds do people use for family portraits ect?

Thanks

Have you thought about a croma key backdrop. Can have any colour/pattern/scene you want then.

Yeh ive thought about it but would prefer not to use it as it would mean investng in more equipment and software, whereas i *** just need to get a backdrop to change the colour.

If you have grey, why not just use gels to throw colour on it, that way you could have many different ones :)

I did see somebody on TP shooting with a deep red/maroon background which looked wonderful. However the gels could be a good way of playing around to see what sort colour(s) you like.

Steve

I think they're reffering to gelling the background and a pack of multicoloured gels will cost you that(ish) :)

I know - My set cost me £43! Where can you get them for £15 was what I meant :)

I know - My set cost me £43! Where can you get them for £15 was what I meant :)
:bonk:

Maybe a search of these would bring up this or others that just happened to be the first in google. At £1.70 can't go wrong, I'm assuming they are big enough for a speedlite head buy going to struggle with studio lights hence the £15, dunno I'm intrigued as well :)

Last edited:
I'm meaning for a studio head. I got my speedlight ones for free :)

Back