Background help, how to hide joins

Edit My Images
Yes
hiya, I've got a series of photos that i took the other day at a 1st birthday party with my new Lastolite Hilite background which i got last week.
The background is lit from within so comes out white, however the train which is white appears grey.
Obviously i should have got this right in camera, but now i have a very noticable join on the pics.
What is the best way of editing them out in Elements? Or maybe i should select and fill the whole background?

i will see if i can work out how to post a pic as an example.
thanks

a pic would really help..

md(y)

Regarding the shadow at the side of the pic you need to experiment with settings on your light inside the lastolite (also I find it helps a lot if this light is defussed to spread the light) I as you am struggling with making the train pure white. Others I hope will be able to help both of us on this one. Im afraid I tend to crop within the the background or clone to whiten the bottom. In fact I am not using the train at the moment as I did not find it suited the children I was photographing and they prefered a more natural floor space.

Hi, i'll try to upload on here but meanwhil here is a link to flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjphotos/2351004886/

Also, i seem to have a shadow on the side of the pic, any ideas what that is?
thanks

Edit- here is the URL http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2351004886_fe53cd11c6_m.jpg
I can't be certain but it doesn't look like a shadow to me - it looks like your shutter curtain. :crying:

When using any type of flash you must set the shutter to a speed at which it will be fully open when you take the shot (actually when shooting indoors without too much daylight present there's no point in setting the fastest speed your camera can work at). If you set a faster speed than the camera can cope with the shutter won't be fully open when the flash is fired and you'll get the effect in your shot. This area of darkness may appear at the top, bottom or either end, depending on your camera.

Your camera manual will tell you the maximum shutter speed that can be used, but with some cameras that only works with their own dedicated flashgun and studio lights need a slower shutter speed.

As for the train being grey, that's just a design flaw. You can avoid it (and should) by lighting the train separately, either with barn doors, a flag (a piece of black card to control light spill) or with a softbox angled to skim (or feather) light on to the train, avoiding the subject as much as possible. It makes sense to avoid the problem, rather than try to correct it on the computer - life's too short to waste on a computer:LOL:

Back