Backlit

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Some from the garden when I got home from work. All comments/critique appreciated as usual. First is not something I would usually try but I wanted to emphasis the water droplet. The straight shots pretty average.

kentranthusdrop2.jpg

singlethorn.jpg

colourthorn.jpg

droplet.jpg

spiraea.jpg

wow some crackers there Dod...heres a challenge for you.....rose thorn with a drop of water hanging off it!...

Darkened it deliberately, the Kentranthus is quite a "fussy" flower, I felt more detail made the pic more confusing. Just an experiment though, quite happy to admit I'm wrong :)

EosD said:
wow some crackers there Dod...heres a challenge for you.....rose thorn with a drop of water hanging off it!...

Oops, never noticed that, you know I'd go do one now, but it's dark :p

Nice! The first one isn't my bag though. The thing that strikes is the difference between the hexagonal oof highlights with your macro lens and the rounder ones with the 17-40L?

CT said:
Nice! The first one isn't my bag though. The thing that strikes is the difference between the hexagonal oof highlights with your macro lens and the rounder ones with the 17-40L?

that's a good observation, I hadn't noticed it. I was pretty close with the 100mm at F4/F4.5. I wonder if distance might also have something to do with it? Have you had time to see what the sigma's like with that?

I bought the Canon 180 macro - not the Sigma. I shall have the same problem (if it is a problem) as it's down to the number of blades in the diaphragm mechanism - more blades = rounder oof highlights. I would say that the closer you get to your subject the more you'll see the blade edges.

That last B&W shot is lovely though - and it's those round oof highlights which really make it - a sort of fantasy world of fairy lights.

I'll get me coat! :D

Thanks all :) The last one was always going to be B&W as the colour of the foliage is a dull boring green, not strong at all.

EosD said:
.....rose thorn with a drop of water hanging off it!...

Here ya go :) All at ISO 800, hand held, onboard flash with some of them, ran through noiseware. (Edit: last ones ISO 200 :eek:ops: )

thorndroplet1.jpg

thorndroplet2.jpg

thorndroplet3.jpg

thorndroplet4.jpg

thorndroplet5.jpg

Back