Bad EGG part 2....

Edit My Images
Yes
Well I got some eggs, not happy with results but thought I would post just to show you. Total failure!!
:(

I dont think the egg generated enough splatter TBH, and I couldt get it not to blur on impact so I am giving up as i used 8 egg and 10 t towels! lol

EDIT just checked my settings and i must have pressed something without realising! no wonder it was bulred! lol

More experiments with glass and fire to come though!

ig_1.jpg

Last edited:
and I couldt get it not to blur on impact

What shutter speed were you shooting at? Might be worth trying it again even if it means bumping the ISO up to get a faster shutter to get the result :)

What shutter speed were you shooting at? Might be worth trying it again even if it means bumping the ISO up to get a faster shutter to get the result :)

was on 200....cant get it any faster with the external flash on and it too dark in the room without it

I think im having a bad day lol all my pics are going wrong so im off on the xbox for COD mw1 lol

More experiments with glass and fire to come though!

I'm a little concerned that you will be playing with fire. Okay yes I know you work at the fire station but... :LOL:

I'm a little concerned that you will be playing with fire. Okay yes I know you work at the fire station but... :LOL:

lol yes but I have to do this inside :thinking: hmmmm am I in the wrong job haha

I can see two more experiments here - Fire & Glass shortly followed by Time lapse fire extinguisher :D

Loving your work Robbo

well i havent had a good shot for a few posts, my last good one was the flour bomb

hmmmm i need a kick start!

Expensive and time consuming way of obtaining a shot :( Like the idea though... :)

Darn! I was expecting your egg take II to turn out better! Wonder how it would look if thrown at a roof instead :thinking:

Darn! I was expecting your egg take II to turn out better! Wonder how it would look if thrown at a roof instead :thinking:

tell me about it :-( very dissapointing!

oh it went through my mind to launch it at the floor for a huge splat lol not the ceilin though my gf is only small...how would she clean it? lol

tell me about it :-( very dissapointing!

oh it went through my mind to launch it at the floor for a huge splat lol not the ceilin though my gf is only small...how would she clean it? lol

step ladder. would make a perfect xmas present - then you can continue your photographic exploration!! ;) :)

Why bother with a step ladder... couldn't you get one of your colleagues to drop the egg from the top of the practice tower ? Then you can just hose it down with the practice hose ;)... double photo op...

It's so near.... Good try.

Its a lot harder than it looks....

Had 2 eggs in the kitchen when I went to make a coffee, so thought I'd try it out, this could get quite expensive.

I either need a faster lens, a faster speedlight, or both (or read up on how to actually use my speedlight)

Egg into pan (because I'm not making THAT much of a mess to tidy up - plus the dog would just hoover it up)

Manual Pre-Focus - set to 1/250 since my speedlight wont sync above that and I cant figure out how to make it work in manual properly......

just missed impact

IMG_4148.JPG

1/250 the later

IMG_4149.JPG

I think mine were slight out of focus, and I had my speed light on reflection from celin/walls, should have had it direct really.....

Like you say it can get eggspensive if you dont get the shot lol

I think mine were slight out of focus, and I had my speed light on reflection from celin/walls, should have had it direct really.....

Like you say it can get eggspensive if you dont get the shot lol

Cracking joke there!! (y)

:coat: :coat: :coat: :coat: :coat: :coat: :coat: :coat: :coat: :coat:

Your just pure mental mate I bet your girlfriend must hate you when you have your mad moments.

I was thinking you could try microwaving an egg. It may give you the result you are looking for. You will have to press your shutter at 64 seconds, good luck. eggciting or BOOM DO NOT SEARCH ON YOUTUBE FOR "MICROWAVE EXPLOSION"

RUN EVERYBODY!!! :exit:

Last edited:
Wonder if this would work, get a hard boiled egg and a sheet of sponge.

Then you can practice your shot and fine tune the settings without actually wasting any eggs or making a mess, when you get repeatable results you could then remove the sponge and use a raw egg.

Probably wont work but got to be worth a shot mate..

Wonder if this would work, get a hard boiled egg and a sheet of sponge.

Then you can practice your shot and fine tune the settings without actually wasting any eggs or making a mess, when you get repeatable results you could then remove the sponge and use a raw egg.

Probably wont work but got to be worth a shot mate..

good idea, but i think the main problem is that the egg doesnt produce enough splatter if that makes sense? lol

Nope don't mind the post at all mate, good to see others trying!

I will get back to it in a few weeks when I figure out a better caption!

you need to keep chickens :p

Back