Bad news..... UPDATED

Great news, glad to hear that :)

Not been around much lately so, only just found this :( ...... good news! Our thoughts are wtih you.....

excellent news :clap:

Just hope this stops him smoking. He is a stubborn old git!! :D

He will say "Ive lasted up to 82 with no health issues so it cant be that bad for you"!!! I can hear it now!! :wacky:

yup. i'm sure he won't. :D

Soppose this means janice will be "bouncing " back with her wiity comments.
Guess she gets it from her father.

great news Janice..been through this myself my dad and step mum...it is really scary and upsetting when it happens but they really can do amazing things with medicine etc nowadays!!

Hi Janice, sorry to hear about your dad. I worked in a hospital heart ward and if they are using medication to dissolve the clot then it can't be too bad.

Good Luck

Great news Janice.

On the smoking front, a heart attack was enough to make my dad pack in.

Great news Janice.

On the smoking front, a heart attack was enough to make my dad pack in.

I hope so,, but we are talking about one stubborn old b****d !!!! :D

He says he likes it!

My mum had a lump cut out of her throat in 1981, and stopped there and then.

Hope he will.

Fantastic news Janice, I know we all have the banter and a laugh on here but on a serious side your health is everything...

Very pleased for you..:)

Great news Janice (y) - Let the smutty comments filled with racy innuendo begin (we missed you :naughty:)
Paul ;)
PS - No longer OpTech's No1 Fan I see :shrug:

Oh Ive lost my medium sized bouncers too!! :eek:

Oi you mods......give me a title!!

Blimey I get my Whicker and you lose your bouncers - life is sooo unfair!

Glad to hear things are on the mend Janice!!!

Blimey I get my Whicker and you lose your bouncers - life is sooo unfair!!

Yes,, it is. I only had medium sized bouncers but now theyve gone altogether!! :D

Are you sure they not under table with feet i mean that bloody strap could have slipped again.:shrug:

Are you sure they not under table with feet i mean that bloody strap could have slipped again.:shrug:

The Lowepro one would..........but NEVER the OPTECH!!!!

He's had another "flutter" yesterday (not a bet on the horses!)

Wont be out till Monday now,, and cant drive for 4 weeks!

Beware one grumpy Victor Meldrew!! :D :LOL:

Has there been anything since Janice or is it still looking good for his release back the wild on Monday?

Hope he is feeling a lot better now Janice and is able to come home today.

He is home now....and aready driving my mum mad!! No change there then!

The big problem will be stopping doing all the DIY. (he should come and take a tip from my husband...he manages to have done none for 20 years or more!! :D )

He is still planning getting up on the shed roof on his knees and stripping off the roofing felt and fitting new at the age of 82!

I think the time has come for "getting a man in to do it!" (actually that sounds like a good idea...janice jots that down in note book!!) :D :LOL: :naughty:

Well when you do ... please dont forget to recommend to your cyber buddies now will you! ;)

If he can still walk, Glo.........I will send him your way!! ;) :naughty: :D :LOL:

Brilliant news Janice. I hope his health goes from strength to strength.

Hide the step-ladder so he can't go on the roof. :LOL: Hehe! I suppose if you all restrict his activities, he may think he is past it and just give up.

I have known this. When my Father was about 72 he had major problems and we all hen-pecked him into slowing down, my sister even took the car keys off him (that was a good idea though) We thought we were caring. We noticed that he increasingly didn't want to engage in any activity and said things like - I'll just sit here and wait to die then. He was unhappy, grumpy with Mum etc.
We then took a different approach, and said okay then let him do what he wants (within reason) at least he will die happy. Janice, he is now 77 and is currently driving Mum and one of my sisters potty by wallpapering and painting the ceiling in her dining room. Mum's happy that he is not moping around and my sister is paying him for doing the job. Mind you she did have to look twice to see if the paper was hanging the right way up (giggle).

One of my Brothers refurb'd a laptop and another gave him a P&S camera. Now he thinks he is David Bailey. He turned up at my Husband's Birthday Party with a huge cardboard sign around his neck saying 'Official Photographer' which made everyone roll around. He insisted on upstaging me with my full gear and set up a timed shot of all of us. Bless him, he got the timing wrong and as he walked back to check his camera, it went off in his face. We howled. ...and finally the icing on the cake (Big Pun) was when the birthday cake came out with sparklers lit, he insisted on capuring the moment. By the time he got the P&S set up (switched on) the sparklers were out. He is a complete nutter. He rings me up and offers ME advice on how to resize images. My brother has threatened to remove the delete key off his keyboard, 'cause he is always losing stuff. The moral of all of that is if he died tomorrow - we will know just how happy he was.

Let your Dad have some fun :woot:

Sorry Guys, I do go on a bit. :D

Thanks Gilly! Oh he will be having fun alright........but thinks he HAS to do everthing that needs doing..jobwise.

As long as he stops smoking, I dont mind what he gets up to!! :D

He! he!
Janice & Gilly, Ive so enjoyed reading about your father's... they sound just like mine was.
Long retired but still stuck in the habit of getting up at the crack of dawn, he would travel for miles to go fishing ... then he'd come back and potter around 'looking for things to do'.
He was the most useless DIY'er there ever was, but it never stopped him trying, caused many an argument between he & my mom, as not only was he useless but accident prone with it .... I cant count the times we'd find him, quietly running bloodied hands under a cold tap, lol!
Good to hear both your dad's are still so full of life ..... now Janice about that other man :naughty:

Back