Bad news..... UPDATED

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit worried tonight guys....my Dad has just had a heart attack. :(

He is in hospital now, my brother phoned and told me, and said not to come as we cant see him and apparently it's fairly mild, a clot under the heart...they are putting him on drugs which they hope will dissolve it.

I have to go to Wales tomorrow at 4am...hope nothing else happens and I cant get back in time. :crying:

I know Im looking on the bleak side, probably just a one off, but he is 82, and has never had anything like it before. Just hope it isnt one of those where they get back home... then have another massive one.

J

Sorry to hear that, hope all is well.

sorry to hear that Janice :(

Lets all hope for a complete and speedy recovery

Oh no, sorry to hear that Janice. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery

Don't know how you are travelling but it is not a good time to be driving as your mind will be elsewhere. Hope all turns out well for you.

I will be driving, Robert, I go once a week.

Not good, but its work, so has to happen, no way round it.

Thanks for all your good wishes, Im sure everything will turn out ok.
I'm thinking positive. (y)

Hope everything will be OK.

Hope he recovers, Janice. I'll be sending him good thoughts. :)

Get some rest, concentrate on the road and drive safely.

Oh no.... So sorry to hear this bad news Janice. Hope he recovers OK.
Meanwhile, have a :hug:

And here's another :hug: from me too. Fingers crossed that he's OK Janice.

Really sorry to hear the news Janice, my thoughts are with you. I hope everything turns out ok and he's back home and well soon

Really sorry to hear about your dad Janice. I hope everything works out OK. :)

Realy sorry to hear your news hope all goes well and he makes a speedy recovery, take care tomorrow.

Thanks friends.

He is a tough old nut.... still drives, rides a bike...climbs on the shed to do the roofing, mends his own car etc etc. at 82!!

Must be those bloody cigarettes.:thumbsdown:

If I go to bed now I wont sleep, I think I will probably wait up and go at about 1:00am instead of 4:00. Get some sleep in the car on the way.
Delivery at 7:00 so hope to be back by midday..... M25 permitting!

It's just that when I was in hospital with pneumonia some years back, a man opposite was in with a mild heart attack.....all his family visited and were round the bed, and he suddenly had a massive one and died in front of them.......and me! :( Cant get the vision out of my mind.

Sorry to read your news Janice, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear this Janice, hope your dad is fit and well again soon.

I shall include your dad in my prayers tonite wishing him a speedy recovery.

Fingers crossed for him Janice, Stay focused tomorrow when you are driving pet..:hug:

Have some more positive thoughts for you, your dad and the rest of the famiy. :)

Can never have too many of course.

Janice,

hope everything turns out ok. My dad had his first stroke on the same night as the Heysel tragedy, it was all a bit surreal. That was nearly 20 years ago and the only good thing is he made a full recovery. He only gave up smoking last year!

Good luck
Jas

Just found this Janice, best wishes & safe trip.
Chris

I know nothing is for certain, but, the drugs they use these day's are dam good, hell even I survived! OK so I may have some extra metal tubes in me heart now, but at least its working :)

From the sounds of it your dads a fit 82 so I wish him and you all the best. Oh and drive safely tomorrow (y)

Really sorry to hear this Janice. I hope things get better for you and your family.

my heart goes out to you mate. Hopefuly the good ole NHS are right and it's not serious. You never know, this might be enough of a scare to get him off the fags!

Janice, be strong, your dad will be, and he needs you and your family in good shape with him. We are with you, best wishes.

Oh my Janice. I hope you got to Wales safely. My thoughts are with you.

Had the same at the ripe old age of 39 [now 45]. its a worry for the family at the time but he is in the best place. What he doesn't want is the worry that you are worrying about him. Try to stay positive & hopefully all will be fine. Although a little younger i am fully recoved & misbehaving as much as ever!

Good luck

JohnB

Back