Badger video (56k warning)

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
If anyone is interested....I have a video of the badger who visits our garden each night HERE

If you are patient,,,, something unexpected happens just under half way through!!

I should think quite a few would be interested in this Janice, me included.
I will have a watch and post my thoughts.

I enjoyed that very much Janice,
I had a smile on my face all of the way through it. :D

I can only imagine how you feel when they arrive in your garden each night.

Have you tried photographing them from outside yet?

keep putting food out at night and you'll have enogh come to get that new fur coat :D

I had to download realplayer just to watch it ;) (thanks for the linky K.I.M, although I couldn't get it to work, but got there in the end!)
It must be great having your favourite animal come for a feast every night. What do you put out for them? Before long they'll be housetrained and snuggling up in front of the fire :LOL:

I just scatter a cupfull of peanuts. It was the fact that it started raiding the bird feeder and knocking the peanut holders to the ground that first gave me the inkling that it was visiting. (It also likes bread and honey!)

If you listen carefully to the video, you can hear the very noisey eating habits of the badger,..... it sounds a bit like my husband!!! :D

Nice video Janice, they don't stop for breath do they, heads down and dive on in.

They seem very used to you now, almost ignoring you, have you thought about making a hide or anything, if their familiar with your smell which I think they must be by now, then they probably think of you as no threat...which means you could get much closer.

Must be very exciting. (y)

PS. I think you can buy Moonlight lamps for lighting night animals. Stick it on a dimmer switch...bingo.

Thats great!! brought a smile to my face early on a sunday morning... not an easy thing to do! :)

Joe T said:
I knew someone had to post that!

In fact, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title! And then I realised Janice is probably a little more sophisticated than that! :cautious:

Trust me to lower the tone :LOL:

Forbiddenbiker said:
.which means you could get much closer.

I am that close at the moment that if I leaned out of the window I could touch them! But Im not positive they know Im there ...although with the windows open and me standing still there, they must be able to smell me (NO COMMENTS THERE FOLKS!!) :)

Excellent stuff J ... TFS (y)

You sure it is only a cupful ... looks like you go through loadsa nuts ... :p

I scatter 1 cup of peanuts each night. When it first visited I rushed out and bought a huge sack of peanuts (for feeding birds).
The next 2 nights it didnt come and my husband reckoned I'd still have the sack there in 2020!! :)
It's nearly gone now. (I could see myself bottling up 5 gallon drums of peanut butter!)

We have a family of foxes that come through our garden and have only once seen a badger, scared me to death, Id rather take on arkady than a badger, them things can have your arm off. The badger I meant, oh actually Arkady probably can too. Doh!!!!!

Janice said:
I scatter 1 cup of peanuts each night. When it first visited I rushed out and bought a huge sack of peanuts (for feeding birds)

Can get damned expensive feeding our resident wildlife ... and birds ... but imo very well worth it for all the enjoyment they give us ... and others who share the experience vicariously through this, and other forae (?) ... (y)

Back