Badgers, Badgers everywhere...

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these recently, hope you approve....

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Gareth.

Wow. You are a lucky bugger!!
Is this in your garden?
I like them, but then I do have a soft spot for badgers.

Wow. You are a lucky bugger!!
Is this in your garden?
I like them, but then I do have a soft spot for badgers.

They visit a neighbour's garden most nights. Her garden backs onto a woodland and she puts food out for them.
I was a bit reluctant to use flash as there was no other way to get the pictures but it didn't seem to bother them. The security lights go on and off as the enter or leave the garden, so I assume they are used to changes in light levels.

They visit a neighbour's garden most nights. Her garden backs onto a woodland and she puts food out for them.
I was a bit reluctant to use flash as there was no other way to get the pictures but it didn't seem to bother them. The security lights go on and off as the enter or leave the garden, so I assume they are used to changes in light levels.

keep em coming

keep em coming

OK one more for luck ;)

pic4.jpg

You may notice that the last two have quite a deep shadow. They were taken lask week with just one flash gun. The first two images, which I took this week, were with two guns to try to soften the shadows.

Superb photos :) #1 is my favourite.

However, I have to disagree with the 'Lucky' comments - We had them visit regularly in our last house and they don't half make a mess of your lawn with their digging!

Excellent, like photostar it's only roadkill I've seen although there are a number of setts around the house.

Superb shots - the first one is my pick. (y)

Another vote for #1, I wouldn't be unhappy just to watch them let alone snap them :-D

they are great, you lucky so and so!

you could try a diffuser on a single gun to try and reduce the harsh shadow

excellent shots `wot big teeth you got ' hee hee

Great background too . Planned or lucky accident ? If I took those I would have a background of garden furniture, rubbish, and assorted gardening tools everywhere

Great photos and so sharp, Saves you a trip to the woods at night trying to get photos of them. Nature presenters on tv would be jealous as heck that you could watch them from the comfort of your home.

Great captures :clap must be very pleased with these shots :clap:

Thank you all for the kind comments.
I think I will leave them in peace for now and revisit them in the spring.
I was quite upset this morning, while on my way to my local RSPB, to see a dead badger on the side of the road. I'm sure it's not from the set I've been potographing because it was a mile or so away and bordering a different woodland. :(

What more is there to say. Wonderful captures of these lovely animals, your'e very lucky to have them so close to you.

Back