Critique Badley Church Sunset

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Out for a bike ride the other night, the light appeared for a few minutes and set the sky on fire before it rained on me!

Badley Church Sunset by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking C & C welcome - I get bored of photographing churches and fields etc local to me but I love using the camera and it is all good practice for when I am somewhere that is interesting in future hopefully.

I can see the brush work over two
trees and the bell tower! Other wise
kinda cool!

Lovely little church that is. I walk the dogs up that way regularly. Some great photo opportunities to be had inside too.

I can see the brush work over two
trees and the bell tower! Other wise
kinda cool!

Hi Kodiak,

Thanks for the feedback, comments like this are great because they make you work harder to produce better photographs. It was a bit of a rushed edit, particularly along the top of the church. I have spent some time this evening hand blending in PS 3 exposures of a higher dynamic range shot from a few minutes later and I have to say the full resolution is perfect and stands up to any inspection. I will include it here but I am very disappointed with what Flickr has done to it. I don't normally get the blaming Flickr for haloing but it has definitely happened on this shot!

Badley Church Sunset by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Lovely little church that is. I walk the dogs up that way regularly. Some great photo opportunities to be had inside too.

Hi Craig,

Did not know you were local, thanks for the comment and I will wander in one day. I plan to be there on the candlelit carol service - but outside to get a blue hour shot!

Hi Craig,

Did not know you were local, thanks for the comment and I will wander in one day. I plan to be there on the candlelit carol service - but outside to get a blue hour shot!

Yes. Living in Stow. Not yet been accepted though as I'm a welsh immigrant of 16 years. Apparently you have to be here 30 years plus before you're allowed to order your own pint! :D

Back