Bag of Gear stolen from house in Sheffield

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
A bag of my gear was stolen from our house in Walkley, Sheffield. Unfortunately my Girlfriend left the house unlocked between 1:30am - 5:30am whilst she was doing a bat survey and I was fast asleep.

The bag included:

Fuji XT1 - 42M11969
Fuji X-E2 - 34N54243
Fuji XF 18-55mm - 38A07184
Fuji XF 55-200mm - 47A02933
Fuji 35mm f2 - 65A50789
Apple Macbook Air 13" - C02G4EC0DJWT
Godox Flash
Collection of SD cards in hard case
Batteries.
Red snapper big beige shoulder bag.

This was my livelihood so I am so gutted and as the house was left unlocked I doubt the insurance will cover it at all.

This is bad bad bad!
I don't know anything about your gear as brand
but I know what it is to have tools stolen.

It happened to me on the Côte d'Azur. The truck
was stolen and all the tools… I was destroyed.
You have my sympathy, that's terrible.
+1

Damn, gutting. All unboxed and just the gear? Having a flick through ebay too see if anything stands out.

I know you are probably checking, but look at gumtree, friday ad etc. Some criminals are dumb enough to list it all.

I'll keep my eyes and ears out as i am a member of a photography group in Sheffield, i will also mention it at tonight social if you like

A bag of my gear was stolen from our house in Walkley, Sheffield. Unfortunately my Girlfriend left the house unlocked between 1:30am - 5:30am whilst she was doing a bat survey and I was fast asleep.

The bag included:

Fuji XT1 - 42M11969
Fuji X-E2 - 34N54243
Fuji XF 18-55mm - 38A07184
Fuji XF 55-200mm - 47A02933
Fuji 35mm f2 - 65A50789
Apple Macbook Air 13" - C02G4EC0DJWT
Godox Flash
Collection of SD cards in hard case
Batteries.
Red snapper big beige shoulder bag.

This was my livelihood so I am so gutted and as the house was left unlocked I doubt the insurance will cover it at all.

Insurance should be fine as you were in the house at the time. Will depend on your insurer though, fingers crossed!

Ouch!
If you haven't already, definitely start the conversation with your insurers. They may not be total rsoles about it, unlike the one that took your gear.

A few weeks ago we went to bed and I'd left my keys hanging in the front door... on the outside! Two cars on the drive and clear access to the house. Fortunately Burglar Bill must have been working another neighbourhood, so we go away with it.

Good Luck.

I have also suffered theft of gear so you have my sympathy. You must report all details to police and get a crime number that you can give to insurance.

I can see absolutely no reason why such thieves should not be locked up for ever when caught, they are scum and we would all be better off without them.

Think about getting a more security conscious girlfriend;)

Really sorry to hear this, there are some ******* in the world. As above I'd have thought insurance was fine as I've never seen anything in the small print that states your house has to be locked whilst you're in it. Always worth checking the small print though so that you can be armed with knowledge if the insurers try to squirm out of it.

If I stumble across someone selling a load of gear similar to yours I'll give you the heads up.

Gutted for you!! I really hope you get
it back!

I would've thought insurance would still cover you as you were in the house at
the time!

Set a search on Gumtree and Ebay for your items for ads within 20 miles of you. Also
try all the local Cash Generators, pawn shops etc.

Our pub was broken into years ago and
my business partners DSLR was stolen
along with cash etc.

We thought we'd no chance of getting it
back but nearly a year later we got a call from the police to identify it. Not only had they tried to sell it to a Cash Generator less than a mile away they'd also left my partners
travel documents in the bag and 30 pub
pics on the card.

Even better was the fact there were several
pics on the camera that weren't ours. The
stupid gits had taken pictures of themselves
with the camera and only removed one of the cards!!

My immediate reaction to this that there would be more of an issue with insurance if the house was unoccupied. You were in it I would check with the policy docs. Sorry if thats teaching you to suck eggs.

Sorry to hear this.. Make sure you check out your local CEX stores as they often buy stolen gear, they bought my little sisters stolen MacBook Pro last year.. Also LCE and MPB

We had a walk in burglary some years back while sat in the living room watching t.v ,they just walked in and grabbed anything in reach ,the insurance paid out though no problem ,we now have a dog to alert us and some high fencing

Gutted for you too,been totally wiped out by burglars some years ago,and also had two cars taken since.
If you have the likes of cash converters etc in the area go round and give them serial nos,Also local cars boots and pubs.

If you haven't already, list it all on lenstag and immobilise as if they record serial numbers and I think will notify you if photos appear online with those serial numbers embedded in the meta.

You can also Google search your serial number and if it's recognised it will bring up related images with the meta.

I feel for you, I'd be gutted!

Very sorry about the stolen gear. What is the likely hood of catching the scum bags? Also how would they ever get the gear back? A friend had some camera bits stolen a couple of months ago, had serial numbers too. Is he likely to be able to track them? Do the police/insurance search or is that the end of it? As he lost some precious images.

Back