Bah!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
This is an automatated email - please do not reply as this address is not monitored

Thank you for your recent internet order. We have experienced high demand for the following product(s), which are now out of stock. We will not charge you for these items until they are dispatched.
CANONLENS70200F40LUSM Canon EF Zoom Lens - 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM

New stock is due in very soon, and will be dispatched as soon as it arrives.

Fancied it for the weekend too (the lens that is :roll:)

Thats a tough break buddy. :(

If it eases the pain at all I can assure you that you will be totally happy with the lens when it does arrive. [smilie=t:

I just got that same lens in the mail yesterday. Almost went for the Sigma f2.8 70-200 but minus the extra f-stop the canon outweight benefits for me.

milou said:
Fancied it for the weekend too (the lens that is :roll:)

You went for it then, you're going to like it :)

Steve said:
If it eases the pain at all I can assure you that you will be totally happy with the lens when it does arrive. [smilie=t:[/quote]

Would have to echo that sentiment after Steve let me have a play with his 70-200 at Silverstone ! It produced some excellent pictures ! :)

When they build it, it will come ! ;) LOL

Hmmm and I had just the shot in mind too for this w/e

Hey ho - ne'er mind :eek:]

looks like a good deal, including the filter as well :)

Whaddya reckon about buying from HK etc?

I had a freind in a similar postion a month or two ago and he was looking at the f2.8 version. My only reservation was about the warranty so I sugested he speak to Canon about the cost involved of possible repairs if it went wrong. They told him they didn't know as they hadn't had any back with manufacturing defects and said off the record, that for the size of saving he was looking at a HK import was a good idea.

Well its been just over a week now so it may not of arrived yet but I am curious on an update.

Any news milou?

I had a message last Thurs/Fri, that it was on its way and there's been attempted delivery of a parcel yesterday. But I'm in London again today (as I was yesterday - didn't get back home 'til 20:00) so hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow from t'depot as we're orf to Switzerland on Thurs. Here's hoping...

Hmmm...the parcel had my Vosonic image tank which is good. But the FedEx International Priority 1-3 business-days-to-you clearly is misleading as it now seems that the lens won't be with me before we leave for our trip. Rather than trying to save myself £75, I should have bought it from the UK with (almost) next day delivery.

milou said:
Hmmm...the parcel had my Vosonic image tank which is good. But the FedEx International Priority 1-3 business-days-to-you clearly is misleading as it now seems that the lens won't be with me before we leave for our trip. Rather than trying to save myself £75, I should have bought it from the UK with (almost) next day delivery.

shame, very annoying!

Aye it is. I phoned FedEx and just by giving my postcode, they found the parcel in the system. It should be with the local depot for delivery tomorrow. The delay was caused by some idiot in HK giving the wrong address. FedEx say I can collect the parcel tomorrow but they only open at 9 and there will be no way to get across Southampton to collect the parcel and then on to Heathrow to catch the flight - 8/8:30 maybe but not 9.

Very frustrating and consequently for what it's worth, the last time I deal with UR Galaxy.

What has cause the mix up and you to believe that FedEx are to blame? If it is their fault then you should be able to claim some compensation.

Oh the plus side, how long are you going to be away for? Jessops do a very good price match service and I believe a 14 day return option ;) Check that before you consider parting with you hard earned but it may just be a final option. Look after it and return it when you get back?

Obviously I am to honest to recommend doing such a thing but I am here to prive information :)

milou said:
Aye it is. I phoned FedEx and just by giving my postcode, they found the parcel in the system. It should be with the local depot for delivery tomorrow. The delay was caused by some idiot in HK giving the wrong address. FedEx say I can collect the parcel tomorrow but they only open at 9 and there will be no way to get across Southampton to collect the parcel and then on to Heathrow to catch the flight - 8/8:30 maybe but not 9.

Very frustrating and consequently for what it's worth, the last time I deal with UR Galaxy.

I have been through similar this week, fortunately for me, it wasnt as urgent as your requirement ! Is a bugger though ! I ordered a Gitzo tripod off Ebay, with a offset ballhead and bag, came to 345 including delivery, for a 2227 and 1376m ! :D received the tripod yesterday, but they didnt deliver the other box because the postcode was wrong, ie the whole address was right but i had an extra 1 in postcode ! What bugged me was the tripod box had the same address on, someone at the post office saw it and said, "oooh that 1 shouldnt be there", crossed it out and delivered it ! Why the f*** couldnt they do that for the other box ! Alls well that ends well though :) got shiny tripod now !

I would say the blame falls 50:50 with the HK supplier and the courier for not having any intelligence to work it out ! they all have satnav and autoroute and all sorts of methods of working this stuff out !

Really sorry you wont have your lens for the trip though :annoyed:

It's down to UR Galaxy the HK supplier giving the wrong address - by the time FedEx received the right one or presumably had confirmation from URG, it added a couple of days delay. I won't be able to pick it up tomorrow before we go as I have to be on the road at 08:30 at the latest. We're away for a week and the 70-200 would have been nice to test against the 17-40.

I might see if FedEx can hold the parcel at the depot for when I return otherwise there will be 2 attempted deliveries and an attempt to return it to HK etc and then the fun will begin.

Edit: FedEx will retain the parcel and I should be able to collect next Thurs

David/milou [next time go to London Camera Exchange, buy product and take home the same day :eek:]

Normally, they attempt 2 deliveries, then allow 5 days for you to arrange collection if they havent been succesful, if you call them and say they should keep it !

Shame you cant change the delivery address to Heathrow ! :icon_eek:

Email from HK

Our mistake. our shop helper made the address wrong (missed one whole line in the address ! ). already contacted Fedex for proper instruction for new delivery, they may do it tomorrow. Bad news: I forget to put down the tracking number, good news: already tax free.
Regards and thanks.

Hugo So

Hey ho - hows yer tripod though? Pleased with it?

:nut:

LOL tripod is excellent mate ! I was looking and looking and then i saw this one is brand new, guy bought it and a mountaineer, and then decided he only used the mountaineer, it was still in the plastic ! hadnt even been opened !

Nice saving as they go for £389 for the tripod, £150'ish for the head and £50 for the bag !

Gutted about ya lens mate ! Will give you a reason for wanting to come home at the end of your holiday though !

Will just have to wait a little while to see some of your pics from it !

milou I feel for you buddy, it would be bad enough waiting for a lens when you don't have anywhere special planned to go shooting but when you are off on holiday its a double blow.

I know it's late in the day now but is there no way you can arrange to have it delivered overnight to a depot somewhere near where you will be travelling past/from and then make arrangements with FedEx to be allowed to collect it?

Sounds like a good 'un and a bargain.

Edit: FedEx say that the lens could have been collected from my local depot at 9:00 tomorrow morning...possibly. Trouble is, is that I have to be at Heathrow by 10:30 at the very latest and that's after parking the car at the long term parking - it'll take at least 30 mins from collecting the lens to getting out of that part of Southampton and onto the M3. It'll be too tight and I don't want to make Her Ladyship all stressed etc. No sir :whistling

Edit edit: sorry, should've paid more attention - the customer service line closes at 19:30 apparently. Good idea though cheers. I'll just take lots of shots with the other lens - I have 40gb of image tank thingy to fill and I fancy a challenge!

yay!

70200.jpg

Hehe she's a beauty :)

I am so glad that it has arrived safely mate. How long have you had it now and have you had chance to try it out yet?

I was looking for weeks at that lens in 7day... the day I go to buy it & it goes out of stock.... aaaaargh. Been watching ever since & it hasn't changed so I went & bought a 10-22 at LCE... they price matched (read: undercut by £5) Jacobs (who had none in stock) & it came out at only £20 more than 7day were offering it which I think is worth it. They had some 70-200's but there was no way they could get even near 7day on them. I'm using a borrowed 75-300 till I can save up my pennies now.

Cheers :)

Picked it up this morning. Although I had a fair old moan about it not turning up before I went away, I think I would've used it only a couple of times or so. I really could've used a macro lens for the Swiss flowers etc.

Back