Ballheads... Sirui K10X or other?

smr

Name
Joel
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

So I'm finally getting around to replacing the 3 way pan and tilt tripod head which came with my tripod. It's good and I do like it, but the problem is the weight more than anything as it weighs 1kg.

I'm also looking to buy an L bracket, think I will go for the 3 legged one.

Leaving the tripod head to decide on. I won't be mounting heavy lenses so I don't think I'd need the 20X, or 30X, and therefore am looking at the K10X.

Good choice or are there better alternatives for around the same price, don't want to spend more than £120 on a ball head.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have a K20X and use it with a XT3, probably could of got away with the K10X but its small ball so would need to be tightened more than the K20x. Ive had it a year and so far no issues.
If you are buying a generic L Bracket there are £20 versions on ebay that do the job just as well. They tend to be 2 peice bolted together rather than milled from a solid peice but I cant flex it so didnt see the point spending more

I don't have any experience of the K10X but I do use the K40X and design and quality are very good IMO. I don't know what gear you are using, but unless weight is really critical, I would look at one of the larger model for better lockup and stability..

Just my 2p.

I have a spare K20X and a 3LT QR11 L bracket that I would be willing to sell if you are interested?

Can you pm some photos and condition and how much you're asking please?
Please start a thread in the appropriate section if you want to sell, thanks (y)

Rules
No trading anywhere except for the classifieds.

Back