Bargain 60D

Could be I suppose, or they may be coming out with a new 17-55 and need to shift old stock and want to push the 60D

There may well be though, huge pile at canon that they cant shift

You might have a point there? It is a strange combination really, with two pieces of equipment which are aimed at totally different markets really....hence the reason why most people on here are contemplating selling off one half of it...but lets not start that one up again please..:bat:

arrrggghhhh email from Tesco bank rejected payment......bl00dy halifax the money in the account just on the phone to them now....!!!!

That will be Tesco taking £2 as a test transaction again - that happened to us yesterday and it blocked my wifes card for internet purchases - very annoying!

Annoying as it was, having been the victim of card fraud I was oddly happy that they are blocking suspicions behavior - actually its Tesco at fault, not the bank.

One thing we learnt from our experiences is that card thieves test cards by doing a £1-2 transaction to a charity or some such and if it goes ahead they clear you out.

Last edited:
yeah the bank said that they tried some £2 transaction about 10.00 am today have re-ordered again against my 2nd current account about 40 mins ago so the camera is still available,Halifax said this will go through this time.....fingers crossed n all that

Someone from the AV forums posted this roughly half an hour ago;

"Right... Just had a call from Tesco... they have confirmed that it was incorrectly priced it and have withdrawn the product... it will be reinstated with the correct price later on today.."

"Right... Just had a call from Tesco... they have confirmed that it was incorrectly priced it and have withdrawn the product... it will be reinstated with the correct price later on today.."

Thats odd, as it is still listed atm..

Sam

Aye, sad news I was actually looking forward to downgrading!

As I said, they can basically try and sell you a £50 note for a fiver on their website all day long, but read their T&C's and you'll end up the loser every time ;)

There's some things about that that don't quite add up... Tesco called him but apparently no one else? And they said it has been withdrawn getting for an hour ago now, yet it's still on the website and no one has had a cancelled order?

I don't think it's going to come through (although wish everyone who had a go good luck and hope it does work for you) ... but maybe you shouldn't trust 'someone from the AV forum' too much. ;)

There is that.

Funny though, I was unsure about whether downgrading was a good idea (and I still am), but you know when you toss a coin to choose a course of action, then when it lands wrong you know what decision you wanted even if you didn't before - well this feels like that..

Or that could be just me!

They're just taking their time I think, in my mind web/internal pricing update should be first (to stop further orders), then cancellation/phone calls as required. As it stands more people will be ordering and they're just making their life more difficult, making themselves look incompetent and annoying their customers.

Last edited:
Maybe they are working out if they are still making a profit at that price?

Despite my earlier comments I hope everyone gets their kit, really like my 17-55mm and don't forget to save some money for the not included hood

Even at that price I'd not doubt they'd make money, just not enough.

Just checked my order status and it says "at warehouse - dispatching soon" so fingers crossed it looks ok so far.:)

having just read the hduk thread Ive given up any hope of getting one as someone has posted a screendump of a cancelled and refunded screen along with a few other people piping up that theirs had been cancelled... :-(( ho hum

They would definitely be losing money at that price. Ive just checked our June price list from Canon and even if Tesco bought a truck load of these kits they would still be losing a lot of money! I even tried to buy some myself to sell in the shop!

Stuart

They would definitely be losing money at that price. Ive just checked our June price list from Canon and even if Tesco bought a truck load of these kits they would still be losing a lot of money! I even tried to buy some myself to sell in the shop!

Stuart

Oh Stuart don't say that on here....you'll get the 'profiteering police' onto you.......:LOL: (see threads above)

May I suggest that everyone who's ordered one takes a snapshot of the webpage whilst the camera is still on for that price and a copy of their Order Sheet and if Tesco do renege on this one, then we all contact Watchdog and BBC Breakfast and see if they can get a kick up the **** for this? Personally getting very fed up with Tesco on lots of other fronts these days - don't care what their small print says - we might be able to embarrass them into being more careful in future?

Last edited:
Just wonder how much intrest Tesco rakes in by taking money first, then cancelling orders later, even if it is only 24 hrs later.

BTW my order is still open.

Last edited:
Its an interesting thought as to how many orders were placed and how much interest tesco earned.

That's before you consider the seo advantages of the number of visitors tesco direct received and the amount of backlinks they will get..... Win win for tesco all round it seems, gives me an idea for my own sites hmmmmmmmm

Well, still not had my order cancelled but I'm sure it will come.

However, I've put in a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority http://www.asa.org.uk/

My complaint:
Tesco have advertised the bundle for £999.97 reduced from £1588.97
This is the important part, as the lens retails for around £799 The Canon EOS 60D retailing for around £750. This would make the total around the £1549 mark, which is similar to the Tesco original price. The picture clearly displays the lens as the F2.8 lens. Now according to many internet sites such as Hotukdeals.co.uk Tesco have cancelled all orders for the item "Catalogue No: 211-1426" It is clearly displayed under a huge red banner stating "Summer Sale HALF PRICE on selected items" this further makes you think this is a great deal & not a pricing error as all the figures they display seem to add up. Prior to me ordering, I called Tesco Direct & asked for clarification on the lens, a manager told me it was correct & was coming direct from Canon. I feel Tesco have misled many customers who looked at this as a real bargain.

The screen shots etc are uploaded as you reach the final page.

Probably get nowhere, however if enough people take 5 mins, then maybe Tesco will take more care :shrug:

The screen shots etc are uploaded as you reach the final page.

Totally agree with you - and we should all take the time to do this. Not sure what you mean about the screen shots though? Do you mean when you put the complaint in you get the option to add screenshots?

And it's still on the website as we speak!

Last edited:
How many times do Asda, Tesco, Morrisons etc. sell stuff at massive savings?

Egg would have been on many faces if the deal had been genuine (as advertised) and honoured :shrug:

You've gotta try in life, otherwise we'd all be in a pond looking up at the sky:thinking:

All they will say is that it was a clerical error.
No offence but are you guys so naive as to really believe this was a genuine offer, seriously?

Andy

Agreed. One of those things you take the chance on, but it was never likely to be a real offer.

E-mailing people isn't going to do anything as Tesco will just say an admin error occured. The only thing that might be a legitimate complaint is the way they continued to advertise it after they realised the error; that is misleading instead of a mistake.

Back