Bargain Mobile Internet 3G

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
i've been waiting for cheap mobile internet for ages. Finally Three have got a decent price:

£50 for the modem, £10 a month line rental and 1gb a month allowance
or
free modem, £15 a month line rental and 3gb a month

those are 24 month contracts, however. there are some other options too.
it works on a mac too!
also, there is a waiting list of about 3 weeks.

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/mobile_broadband_/index.omp

i went for 3gb allowance. anyone wanna buy a 3G samsung smart phone? :)

That's a good price. I used my SE P1i as a modem when I was at the outlaws the other month and came home to find a phonebill with £75 data charges and I really didn't use it that much.

They are very good prices, the only downside is that THREE have the worst high speed coverage of all the main networks so you could end up transfering over much slower speeds than expected. But they do way that they will increase their coverage rapidly over the coming months. According to their website London and the North of the UK has the best coverage now and major towns in the South will get coverage by the end of the year with the rest of their network being improved in 2008.

It's also nice to see than someone has gone in to competition with T-Mobile who has been offering "unlimited" transfers (albeit with a usage policy of between 1GB and 5GB) for about £25-30 for the last 12-18 months. They were also the first network in the UK to roll out the HighSpeed 3G that makes mobile boradband a reality.

For anyone who is interested in looking at mobile broadband and are also in the market for a new mobile contract then you might want to look at T-mobile and their Web'n'Walk Plus package which is a £12 addon to your standard line rental and that allows you to connect your mobile to your laptop and use it as a modem (upto 3GB monthly tansfer, but you aren't charged if you go over that once or twice, just warned that you've gone over your fair use limit). I have this and I pay £37 per month and in additition to the mobile broadband I also have £60 of credit to use on texts and calls on an 18month contract.

Back