Barn Owl Center meet images.

What a cutie if not a little grumpy! Lovely stare into the camera - shame about cropping the feet off. Nice capture though :)

Andy - thanks for a great day, was good to meet up there again - not sure my shots are any better than last time mind! :( Also thanks for arranging the day - was an excellent day and Vince was a laid back as ever :)

Anyway here's one of my first - Kaln landing.

Got alot of shots to get through so suspect this will take a while....

Kaln_Landing by sadlybrokeboy73, on Flickr

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for organising the meeting Andy. Vince certainly provides a great day and I am tempted to go back again. I need to sort out my pictures to see if there are any in focus.

Yes as above cracking day. Got more out of focus as usuall. But hopefully have about a dozen decent shots. (decent to me) will post a bit later.

Just got back from the Motor racing & had a quick look at my Owl shots, the majority of them are carp ( I was using the Buzzard as practice for the Eagle Owl :()

A few which turned out OKish

Panning Practice 1

pan2.jpg

Panning Practice 2 (slower shutter speed)

pan1.jpg

Little Owl Portrait (a bit of a marmite shot)

small1.jpg

And Just for Andy (Taken hand held with the 100L Macro....)

small2.jpg

100% crop with brightness tweaked

small3.jpg

I'll have to try again later this year (without paragliders or motor racing ;))

Last edited:
Thanks Andy for organising a fantastic day. Great meeting up with fellow TPers ,and it was a fantastic place and set up.
Many thanks to Vince and his team. I will return.

A few snaps.

7195502626_58cecfee96_c.jpg

7195503156_b33f6144fd_c.jpg

7195508122_57d09f0950_c.jpg

7195496418_db99c650cd_c.jpg

7195503316_b3f0eede49_c.jpg

Shame I didn't know about this meet :(

I'm going there this Friday :) shame I didn't get to go with TP but still looking forwards to it.

Any tips for when I go? What sort of Focal Length is worth taking?

100% crop with brightness tweaked

small3.jpg

[/QUOTE]

If you'd of said you wanted a picture of me we could of got the model release forms signed on the day :rules: and I'd of taken the camera off my face. :D

Shame I didn't know about this meet :(

I'm going there this Friday :) shame I didn't get to go with TP but still looking forward to it.

Any tips for when I go? What sort of Focal Length is worth taking?

Having been there a few times now I would say your 24-70 and 70-200 will cover just about every thing but may be worth chucking in the 1.4x just in case. I can also say you will have a great day, Vince the owner works hard to make sure of that, if there are any specific shots you fancy just tell him and he'll do his best to oblige.

Hi Andy,

Fantastic, I've been trolling the internet for images already :)

Any possibility of adding me to the mailing list for the next meet? :p

Looking forward to it now :) Shame my 70-200 is mega playing up and can't trust it :( So I might be stood at the back with the 300mm :p

Had a great day out and thanks to Vince and to Andy for organizing the meet. Here are a few of mine, would like some feedback if its not to critical lol.
Look bang on the money to me ,Martin,lovely and sharp,great colours.

Pons

A very enjoyable afternoon, just a pity my pictures are not as good as the first trip.

Leighton Buzzard

boc2.jpg

boc1.jpg

Gizmo - Barn Owl

boc3.jpg

Willow - Man Eating Owl

boc4.jpg

boc5.jpg

Kan - European Eagle Owl

boc6.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed looking through this thread - looks like you guys had a great day.

3 of mine from a great day out, some great photo's on here, sadly i still need a lot of improvement especially bif photo's.
IMG_8631eagleowl.jpg

IMG_8354leightonbuzzard.jpg

IMG_8406willowlittleowl.jpg

I used 70-300 on all my pictures found it just right once i had taken a few shots.

what a great day it must have been, thanks for starting the thread and to everyone for sharing their excellent images.

kind regards

Tony

Thanks Andy for organising a fantastic day. Great meeting up with fellow TPers ,and it was a fantastic place and set up.
Many thanks to Vince and his team. I will return.

A few snaps.

Stunning shots there Chris, reckon you made the very best of a great opportunity. Knowing you, you probably have many more of equal quality from the day!
Those eagle owl shots are outstanding :)

great stuff everyone, love the little owl in the wall shots - some shots could be fooled to thinking they're wild, nice!

where's this place? might pop along next time!

drew

Back