Barn Owl - Day 2

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
My brother and myself went back to our hotspot again today..and sure enough Mr Owl turned up again! He flew around for 15 minutes before disappearing back off up the road.

We decided to have a quick drive up to see if we could spot him one last time, as we had to get back home for dinner...it wasn't long before my brother pointed him out, along with Mrs Owl! :eek: They were perched on a tree branch right next to each other...as we rolled to a stop, one flew off down into a ditch, and the other appeared to fly into an opening in the tree, so it appears they are beginning to nest build! I feel so lucky to have seen it, but it was over in a matter of seconds and with being in the car...didn't manage to get any snaps, however....we are going back tomorrow :D

I am really struggling with this monitor...it doesn't show sharpness or clarity at all well, so I apologise in advance if they are over/under edited! I just had a quick play and wanted to get them online! I'll redo them when I return to Manchester and a real monitor ;)

1)
JU7F6020.jpg

2)
JU7F6022.jpg

3)
JU7F6031.jpg

4)
JU7F6036.jpg

5)
JU7F6038.jpg

Nice set Phil - like the tones you have caught here.

Nice set Phil - like the tones you have caught here.

Cheers! :)

not bad at all :) they arent quite right in the editing but you can correct that when you get back :)

We have a 6 year old laptop, and the screen on that is better than this 12 month old effort...shame it also has the performance of a 6 year old laptop! :LOL:

Thanks :) Going to have to look into licensing I think, especially if they do choose that spot!

nice set Phil (y)

Just re-edited the first shot...reduced the brightness to help the owl stand out a little better!

JU7F6020_3.jpg

Still doesn't look sharp! :( Thoughts?

Thanks for the comemnts everyone :)

Lovely pic's! i passed one hovering above a hedge yesterday when i was driving, was gutted nowhere to stop and camera was in the boot, im still annoyed!

nice shots there... I just love this bird :woot:

Beautiful aren't they! Tomorrows mission...make that 'birds' :D Although the light isn't going to be great unfortunately going off weather.com :(

Lovely pic's! i passed one hovering above a hedge yesterday when i was driving, was gutted nowhere to stop and camera was in the boot, im still annoyed!

Sods law strikes again! :LOL: Thanks :)

Top marks phil for going after what you wanted they can only get better. (y)

Cheers...lets hope so :D

Nice set like the re edit(y)

nice shots, well done :D

We did make it over today, but didn't get to see any owls. Heard at least one screaching out over at Lakenheath, and saw a load of of what we think were fieldfairs in a feild with some horses between Beck Row and the Mildenhall base

You're on a roll Phil, well done (y) it sounds like you've found a source for many more cracking shots :)

What a great set. Lovely details (y)

Back