Barn Owl

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of a barn owl (possibly two different barn owls as there were at least two in the field) taken last week in north Norfolk. Taken in the early morning with the aim of using the sun to highlight the wing patterns and structure.

Both EOS-7D, EF 500mm f/4L IS, tripod, Acratech long lens head

Thanks for looking

Paul

Lovely atmospheric shots. Love the back light through the wings. :clap:

Two real nice captures 1 the light through the wings is super....well done (y)

John

A couple of nice shots
Regards
Lost

Thanks Richard

Lovely - were they from the "layby"?

Thanks Pete. It was the same fields as the "layby" but was from the path down the side of the mill.

Lovely atmospheric shots. Love the back light through the wings. :clap:

Thanks Cedric, that is what I was aiming for!

superb set

No 1 is superb!

Thanks Richard

Fanatsic Captures Very Well Done

Kirk

Thanks Kirk

Two real nice captures 1 the light through the wings is super....well done (y)

Thanks John - glad it worked as hoped!

difficult to say but yes does look like 2 different birds mate :) nicely caught and showing some nice environment too :)

Yup. Think they may be different birds but hard to say. Environment was nice but I did wish they would have come a little closer too!

Nice shots Paul, but the background looks very noisy or is this due to compression?

Very nice set Paul - good use of light.

two wonderful shots Paul, nice environmental shots as well as the main subject. Personal preference is number 1 but only just (y)

Decent shots Paul,well done.

As an aside, I was reading that the barn owl population is suffering again due to a lack of thier favourite food,namely voles.This has been put down to the loss of revenue to farmers from the leave aside scheme were they let fields go back to meadow.How true that is i`m not too sure.

Decent shots Paul,well done.

As an aside, I was reading that the barn owl population is suffering again due to a lack of thier favourite food,namely voles.This has been put down to the loss of revenue to farmers from the leave aside scheme were they let fields go back to meadow.How true that is i`m not too sure.

Think thats certain areas Ade, some seem to be thriving :) some seem to be in quite a big decline :(

Think thats certain areas Ade, some seem to be thriving :) some seem to be in quite a big decline :(

Yeah, you are more than likely right Ian. We have a pair on one of the estates up here, they are left well alone to get on with it. But,the woods are not shot and there are a few hundred acres of meadowland,so they have a good chance...(y)

wow, great atmosphere to those, love the mistyness (if that's a word?)

OK, I will persevere out in the cold this winter!!!!! :D

Back