Barn Owl

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Well I have been trying to get on top of all the unprocessed files I have so here's another one of the barn owl I had the pleasure to see, light was difficult this was shot at 1600 ISO, so reluctant to sharpen anymore, some will not like the wire but it was there and thats where the owl perched so to me its not a problem, although I love it when they perch without wire in the shot:) Just also like to wish everyone a Happy New Year

barnowl10x1.jpg

Very nice shot Kaz, lovely, though difficult light. I'm quite envious as i've never had a wild one in my sights. Sometimes with birds, we have to put up with wire. Happy New Year.

Thats a beauty, the eye contact is special. The wire doesnt bother me, its part of the natural setting (y)

Seasons greetings to you Karen and to Paul.

Great shot Kaz, the soft evening light works very well regardless of the difficulties created.

Hope you have a wonderful new year.

a real pearler,I love it,wire an' all

A splendid shot Karen, you have done well with the available light and I do not find the wire a problem. A happy New Year to you also.

Regards: Gordon

It's an honest shot,and that's all that should be expected,You and Paul have a good new year.

Lovely light Karen, never seem to see "mine" at this time of day.
Must try harder this year.

C

one cool shot there.. i have been birding on and of for some 20 years now. and got to see my first barn owl last week :)

Another good one (y) im glad i am not the only one who can't get on top of their processing:D
Regards
Richard

Good shot to start the new year with kaz, and a very happy new one to you as well.

only just saw this - and wow - an absolute belter!

Can see with what some are saying with the wire - and my opinion is with the full sized image, you could pretty much get rid of it to be as near as damn it unnoticable.............

lovely pic though as it is.

how far away were you?

only just saw this - and wow - an absolute belter!

Can see with what some are saying with the wire - and my opinion is with the full sized image, you could pretty much get rid of it to be as near as damn it unnoticable.............

lovely pic though as it is.

how far away were you?

Thanks Lynton I can t remember exactly how far I was but its not a bit crop I was fairly close because I was in the car there were 3 altogether one flew into a nearby field and two sat on the posts

Lovely capture. I can't say the wire bothers me at all and you have to love that lovely evening light.

Back