Barn Owls hunting.

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
I wandered down to a spot where I was tipped off about some Barn Owls nesting this afternoon.
I didn't hope for to much,it was almost dusk before they showed up and the light was terrible,also the area where they were hunting was very open and it was difficult to get close without spooking them.
I was actually quite pleased with the images in the end and will definitely go back when we finally get some decent weather.

NKN_127web.jpg

1/1600th sec,f/4,500mm,ISO 3200.

NKN_112web.jpg

1/640th sec,f/4,500mm.ISO 3200

I'd love to photograph some in the wild. I have to go to BOP centres for my shots.
Well done ! You must be very pleased with them.

Wow! I think those are both lovely shots. I've been looking at them for quite a while and the seemingly nasty conditions have really lent themselves to these shots.

Be interesting to see if you can come up with stuff better than them in different light.

Superb captures Bob, lucky just to see them :clap:

Simply beautiful.
:clap:

Sheesh, I'd be chuffed if they were mine!

Well shot.

Wonderful photographs, you are so lucky to be able to visit places where these beautiful birds are, love the second shot, and would ask permission to download it as wallpaper

Really great shots you got there. The overcast/darkend sky background really works well will the paler colours of the Barnies, makes them stand out more. (y)

Superb stuff.........the light looks great to me.

Very good, and very lucky to see them!! :clap:

Simply stunning!

#1 for me as well but they are both stunning. Excellent shots and I'd love to see some more.

these are fantastic bob, No 1 for me but only just........love to see these quartering the hunting ground.

kevin

Excellent, and a perfect example of how empty space should be used, all the inexperienced bird shooters should be forced to view these images before they venture out :)

splendid, simply splendid :)

Cor blimey guv'nor, I doff me cap to you and no mistake. Cracking shots (y)

Absolutely wonderful Bob the first one is amazing
Pete

Great set Bob :clap: #1 is a peach of a shot .

Thanks for the positive feedback.
I'm really lucky actually,I live very near to the Norfolk Broads and only a short distance from the local marshes.
There is a wildlife trust based on the marsh who have actively been trying to increase Barn Owl numbers in the area for quite some time.They have introduced nesting boxes and even built a proper secure (human proof) barn designed specifically for the birds needs.
There is a public footpath leading directly through the area that they are nesting in.
Walking back yesterday I stopped at the entrance to a small field surrounded by hedgerow and counted 5 separate birds all seemingly searching for food.
The suns out today, so I'm off for a walk. :)

World class.:1st:

Thanks for sharing them, are there any more?

They weren't so active today but one was buzzing about.
The sunlight gives them a totally different feel.

NKN_147a.jpg

NKN_177-1.jpg

Thanks again for the kind comments.

All very good shots and all the comments more than deserved. I have two living on the land that I keep my horses on and I am still trying to hunt them down with my camera!

Back