weekly BarrySprout's 52 for 23 - Week 52 - Complete!

Robust is great - looks like it had some length to chop through going by that in the background! :D

Nicely done for nearby - beautiful BG, seeing the part reflection from the phone - I wonder if the arrangement could have used this a little more? Works fine as is though.

Last edited:
Like the lawnmower shot and the backstory, very well composed image.
Nearby looks like you got all the essentials covered bar a sandwich, good strong image again.

Week 22 - Irregular

An irregular but very effective bridge design by Thomas Telford. Built to accommodate the "New Road" through Bannockburn in 1819.

Week 22 - Irregular by barrysprout, on Flickr

Not sure this next one was worth the nettle stings and wet feet in the burn, but it gives more detail.
I've really immersed myself in the Bannock Burn today.

DSC01121 by barrysprout, on Flickr

Both very nice images, but your chosen one has the edge. A good take on the theme.

Love it. There's a railway bridge near Wigan like that I used to see a lot.

Nicely done Colin and that’s an impressive bridge. Prefer the first one as it shows the setting.

Irregular indeed. Odd the first one my eye is drawn to thinking it's a normal arch bridge, with a reflection in the water, but then it's clear that's not the case.

I actually prefer the second for the clearer detail of the bridge construction and the light coming through the circle.

That is a cool bridge Colin, I really like the symmetry and lighting of the second shot.

Agree with @Darkslinger what a cool bridge and I like both images.
When I first looked at the main image I thought the lower arch was a reflection for a second.

Love the colour and detail in the second shot so worth the effort. That is a really unusual bridge.

Thanks again everyone for popping in and commenting. Sorry I've not often done the same (this is the reason I always end up abandoning my 52's)

I see that you've gotten the rubbish photo in the can Colin!

Were the strings moving on the guitar? I like the effect.

I see that you've gotten the rubbish photo in the can Colin!

Were the strings moving on the guitar? I like the effect.
Thanks, yes it was a 30 second exposure to give me time to pick the strings throughout the shot. Unfortunately it also causes a slight vibration to the rest of the guitar making it not quite as sharp as I would like.

Thanks everyone, very nice comments. Just wish I’d had a bit more patience when taking the shot to justify them

Last edited:
Nice shot Colin. Has it got WiFi? :D

Love the colour of the roof and it's very striking against the sky and grass, I bet it also looks good in B&W but deserves colour.

Like it Colin and the story made me chuckle, its like Cornwall, electric, windows and a functioning loo are extra's!

Week 26 - Watching

I've chatted with this Gentleman a few times this week. He was born in the village we are staying this week and has spent a large part of his life at sea. I caught him this afternoon stopping to stare out to sea watching for the dolphins that frequent these waters.

Week 26 - Watching by barrysprout, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice one Colin :)

Snappers choice, looks a lovely location on a nice day, building might need a lick of paint though.
Watching, good one & suits the B&W.

I think he may be watching for the pie man to arrive ;)

Two great shots Colin, I love your cottage story (and the image) and your shot of the local gentlemen is excellent.

Three great shots in a row.

Spot on composition on the guitar strings.
Lovely light on the holiday cottage, and the processing especially on the clouds really works for me.
The old gent looking out to sea is quite poignant, looks like a cracking day to be down on the shoreline.

Yep - that! Nicely thought out theme pic.

Back