weekly BarrySprout's 52 for 23 - Week 52 - Complete!

Week 16 - Connected
Week 16 Connected by barrysprout, on Flickr

Back indoors this week as the grass was too wet to put my headphones down. Single flash in large octabox for lighting the headphones mainly. Long exposure to capture the phone screen. This was my second edit because Mrs Sprout made me clean the fingerprints off my screen :D

Last edited:
Nice take on the theme :)

Nice take on the theme :)

Screen looks great, well done Mrs Sprout :)

and of course it fits the theme

Working the theme on 2 levels, great idea that.

Nice composition and as said works well on 2 levels

Top marks for a shiny screen :)

Nice theme idea, love the light (y)

Nice idea - the irony being that the song is obviously connected, but the headphones have an invisible connection.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment (something I struggle with :() It really is appreciated.

Week 17 Liquid

I had a lot of ideas for this week but none really panned out. So partly due to not being able to borrow a fish tank at short notice and partly due to a traumatic morning I'm just posting what I can.

Proof that I had a traumatic morning....

Week 17 Liquid by barrysprout, on Flickr

At least it got me out of the house again for a shot!

Take your opportunities where you find them.

I actually quite like it.
Anything to take my mind off an extraction! I planned on taking the shot in advance but decided taking a full frame camera with me was going overboard so stuck with my phone.

The colour works well against the spotless white

Yikes! I hate the dentist, even more so as I get older. Neat shot!

The colour works well against the spotless white

I rather like the simplicity and the dash of colour. Still gives me the creeps though :D

I could have taken a second shot 20 minutes later, when the sink was not quite so spotless. It was a magic liquid in that cup, went in green and came back out red!

Works for liquid and the green magic liquid contrasts well with the white background.

Would have been bit better if you had moved the chair and tidied up background :) :exit:

I shave my head, have done for years, because I'd rather go to the dentist than have my hair cut so it holds no fear for me.

Excellent idea, very well executed.

Very nice and evocative of times long gone.

Nicely done :)

Can't see where the compositing had been done! Which makes it a success on that point .

Lovely image of a distant time indeed.

Like the reflection and looks very fragile.

That's a good one Colin, it looks like it could shatter if you looked at it the wrong way. The b&w suits it really well.

Week 20 - Robust

Every year I haul this antiquity out knowing that it won't start and it will be time to buy a new lawnmower. Year after year it surprises me and just keeps going.

Week 20 - Robust by barrysprout, on Flickr

Works for me :)

And the photo :)

Back