Basic Photography Tips

Edit My Images
No
Photography, as a master once said, is both an art and a craft.

To be good at it, you have to have both the inherent talent, or as we often say, the eye for a picture, and the skill to capture that picture in the way that you visualised it.

I have always fancied myself as having a fairly decent eye, but have been a bit lacking in my understanding of the basics. (I'm the type of guy who never reads the manual.)

Anyway, I've recently come across a series of articles dealing with the basics of photography, and thought I'd share it.
*edited*

It covers a range of subjects including Shutter Speed, Aperture, Depth of Field and ISO and Film Speed. Hope that helps.

water-blur.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I've bookmarked it and I'll have a read of the information on there

the photo you have added seems to be hosted there

Hey flashman,

No, it's their's, I added a link to a picture on the site.

I haven't even figured out how to upload my own pictures to this forum. All I can do so far is add pictures that are hosted elsewhere.

Hey flashman,

I haven't even figured out how to upload my own pictures to this forum. All I can do so far is add pictures that are hosted elsewhere.

You do it the same way, but u need to find somewhere to host your pics i use www.flickr.com.

Hey flashman,

Cool... I was about to compliment you on it too! :LOL: I'm sure yours are just as nice though! :) There's some guides to adding your own pics HERE or HERE .

Thanks for the link... looks good!

Last edited:
The site looks good just had a quick glimpse and added it to my favourites. Thanks for posting the link :)

Flashman, compliments are always welcome, I am a sucker for flattery, but maybe you should wait until you've seen my shots.

In fact, I'll take up the challenge and post a pic right now so I can hear what everybody thinks.

Flying-Goaly-2.jpg

Ps, I thanks for showing me how to post pictures.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for this, it's been really helpful, I'm studying photography and had to do a project on shutter speed and this has been just the thing. Does anyone know of more links like this?

Does anyone have a link to this?
If so will you please message it to me
Ta Bob

bob, it turns out to actually be his site, reposted it recently actually. im sure if you look above for someone quoting maramak the link is there;)

Cheers for that will take a look at it later on when kids are in bed
Ta Bob

Back