Batch Processing RAW's. HOW????

Name
Jamie Palmer
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi There.

Have a question for you all. I took some photos of a fencing match on Wednesday and took around 400-500 shots.

Just wondering as all the shots were taken in the same place with the same constant lighting is there anyway to get Photoshop CS4 to apply the same thing to each photo automatically without having to manually load up each one and apply a pre-set that I made up.

Thanks
Jamie

Its a lot easier in Lightroom but yes you can do it in CS4.

This is for CS3 but should be the same...

Open up the folder of raw images in Bridge and copy and paste your preset settings from one image to all the image thumbnails.

Now open CS4 and go to File > Scripts > Image Processer and process that folder of raws as either jpeg tiff or psd to another folder ( untick open images if you want to speed things up) now walk away and have a cup of tea. All your raw settings should automaticly be applied to the conversion. At least they did with the test folder I just did.

If I do that though, can I keep the original files names on the new files that it creates?
Cos I keep mine with the same filename.

Cheers
Jamie

Lightroom's the best option for this sort of thing - make your changes to one image and then just copy and paste any or all of the settings to the other images in the series. Job done.

Woop, cheers guys :)

If I do that though, can I keep the original files names on the new files that it creates?
Cos I keep mine with the same filename.

Cheers
Jamie

As there going to a different folder with the jpg extension the name will stay the same.

You can also batch process with DPP - should have got it on a disk with your camera. You can apply processing to one image and then copy it to all the others as a batch before converting them all to TIF or JPG

Back