Batteries for Godox TT685C

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Anyone know of a way of powering these flashs without AA batteries?
Any recommendations?

I am sure the manual will give you
precise information on that!

No I've read the manual, doesn't say anything about external power supplies only on the diagram it says external power supply socket but doesn't give any other information.

You can't. They are needed to power the control of the flash even if using the PB960 cell which will then power the "output". Use the PB 960 for fast recycling and lots of pops and feed the TT685 with rechargeables eneloops. The V860II is actually "cheaper" if going that route since it's Li-ion cell is pretty much comparable to the 960 though for everyday light use I find the TT685 more than fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I've read the manual, doesn't say anything about external power supplies

I operate all my three SB900's with
AA Envelop Pro batteries with good
performance… why don't you want
to use them?

For each unit, for faster recycling and
extended use, I got them external AA
powered power packs.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies, I was just wondering as I seem to remember that you could get "quantum" battery packs back in the day and wondered which battery pack was the Godox equivalent.
If I bought the PB960 that would power a AD600 if I bought one in the future?

No the pb960 powers the ad360 and 180 + speelights, not the ad600 which got its own battery

Thank you for the replies, I was just wondering as I seem to remember that you could get "quantum" battery packs back in the day and wondered which battery pack was the Godox equivalent.
If I bought the PB960 that would power a AD600 if I bought one in the future?
Yes, you just need to buy the cable. I have one.

Or even... yes ;)
:wideyed: Ok, that's a well kept secret. Good to know. Sorry for the misinformation.
The TT685 can use the AD360 cable, is it also the case with AD600?

Last edited by a moderator:
:wideyed: Ok, that's a well kept secret. Good to know. Sorry for the misinformation.
The TT685 can use the AD360 cable, is it also the case with AD600?
It's a different cable.

Back