Batteries

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Just worked through my battery inventory to check which batteries are well (this is not a problem associated exclusively with F&C I know).

1694440129212.jpeg

I'm not sure how I accumulated all these cells but I'm sure that many were for photographic purposes, a lot of the units were bought for my current and previous film cameras and old flash units.

Nice to see the old "Ever Ready" at the top. Have you had that one a while ? (as it takes me back to my childhood).

Just worked through my battery inventory to check which batteries are well (this is not a problem associated exclusively with F&C I know).

View attachment 400944

I'm not sure how I accumulated all these cells but I'm sure that many were for photographic purposes, a lot of the units were bought for my current and previous film cameras and old flash units.
H'mm that reminds me I've gotta get some 2032 batteries ;)

I really dislike batteries in cameras, and I go to great lengths to try to use cameries without them. Large format helps but my spot meter still needs a battery.

Perhaps it's not just the battery I dislike (the propensity to pine for the fjords) but the electronics they power, which are likely to stop working and be unrepairable.

...but the electronics they power, which are likely to stop working and be unrepairable.
I think it likely that the current generation of purely electronic cameras are more reliable than mechanical cameras in heavy use.

Electro-mechanical cameras can probably be assumed to suffer from the same weaknesses as purely mechanical systems, where similar components are used.

Repairability will, I assume, depend on which particular component of an electronic system fails.

I think it likely that the current generation of purely electronic cameras are more reliable than mechanical cameras in heavy use.

Electro-mechanical cameras can probably be assumed to suffer from the same weaknesses as purely mechanical systems, where similar components are used.

Repairability will, I assume, depend on which particular component of an electronic system fails.
Plenty of stories though of highly desirable electro-mechanical cameras bricking themselves with un-repairable electronics, sadly...

Plenty of stories though of highly desirable electro-mechanical cameras bricking themselves with un-repairable electronics, sadly...
H'mm one of the reasons for years have been pushing the Canon T70.....it's so cheap and any mech/electrical fault then throw it away. For me I don't care about looks but how a camera handles and can take excellent exposed shots.

Back