Battery charging in USA

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I'm off to the good ol' US of A in 2 weeks :woot: I've bought a couple fo travel plug thingys and that's got me thinking about the voltage difference :bonk: Beverley has a couple of travel electrical things (a hairdryer I think, and something else with a plug on the end :shrug: :p) which are switchable between 240 / 120V. But what about the important things like my camera battery chargers? They're not switchable! Would I be correct in guessing that it'll just take twice as long to charge the batteries? It wouldn't damage them to plug them into a 120V supply would it?

Sorry if that's a daft question but I'd not stopped to think about it until now :wacky:

not daft at all matey. I've charged the 511's OK in the US, the only problem I've encountered is with Samsung mobile phone batteries! Lower voltage wont damage the battery as the output is the same. (y)

the standard battery charger for the canon batteries will charge on 120v, i think it says it on the back of the charger, same with most nokia chargers and my laptop charger as well

Beverley has a couple of travel electrical things (a hairdryer I think, and something else with a plug on the end :shrug: :p) which are switchable between 240 / 120V. But what about the important things like my camera battery chargers?

You have no idea how important a hairdryer and hair straighteners are!!!!!!!

You have no idea how important a hairdryer and hair straighteners are!!!!!!!

Hair straighteners! Is THAT what they are - I thought it was a portable mini toasted sandwich maker :LOL:

the standard battery charger for the canon batteries will charge on 120v, i think it says it on the back of the charger,

Oh yeah so it does ;) Thanks for the help mate (y)

OK, then I dare Daddy ONLY if he gets bored / suicidal / hopelessly drunk ;)

OK, then I dare Daddy ONLY if he gets bored / suicidal / hopelessly drunk ;)

I'm thinking a bottle of 18yr old Glenfiddich and a mini toasty :LOL:

I'm thinking a bottle of 18yr old Glenfiddich and a mini toasty :LOL:

Brave man :)

mmm whisky - must be sherry cask season soon ;)

Battery chargers that come with the cameras are fine everywhere as they have built-in transformers (not a leccie, so it may not be called that).
I've used the Nikon MH-21 in USA, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Qatar, UAE, Saudi, Afghanistan and Iraq with no probs.

Hair straighteners! Is THAT what they are - I thought it was a portable mini toasted sandwich maker :LOL:

How long would hair straighteners take to cook a slice of bacon :thinking:

(and for those that remember , I'm still tempted to try the laminator ;))

Back