BBC Country File 2008

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
No
Just in case anyone missed this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/countryfile/photorules.shtml

Countryfile Photographic Competition 2008

John Craven launches this year's Countryfile Photographic Competition with the help of fellow judges Chris Packham and Jo Brand. The theme is 'animals in action' and all entries must have the natural world at their heart so no zoo animals or family pets please.

The best pictures will take pride of place in the Countryfile Calendar 2009, sold in aid of Children In Need. Last year's raised almost £270,000. There are also two prizes. The person who takes the photo that Countryfile viewers vote to be the best gets to choose from a range of the latest photographic equipment. The judges' prize is a weekend break for two in a cottage in the UK (see photo rules for further information).

To launch the competition wildlife presenter and keen photographer Chris Packham headed to the New Forest to get some advice on photographing the ponies and deer there. He also emphasized the importance of photographers behaving responsibly while trying to get the best animal action. Meanwhile, comedienne Jo Brand was in Lee Valley Country Park on the outskirts of London where top wildlife photographer Andrew Parkinson showed her how to get the best from a basic digital camera.

You've got plenty of time to enter your photos because the closing date isn't until 29 August 2008. Please read the rules before entering the competition.

See post 9 'There is no min or max size.'

I watch Countryfile every week and when I saw this feature I was very excited about it!!! I can't wait to get snapping for it :woot:

Emailed country file asking same and to update rules. Wait and see now, but I would think postcard to 10 x 8/ A4 region would be acceptable as that's what most amateurs will have access to.:shrug:

I might have a go at this as I missed it last year. Thanks for the heads up Slipper One

Your welcome Alby....

So far I received the auto reply advising 'All the information we have about the programme as transmitted is available on ceefax page 616 or via the website: www.bbc.co.uk/countryfile'

My sister told me about this y/day!

I think I'm going to go for it. It will be the first photography competition I enter =] My first two ideas went out the window after reading the rules online last night. My first idea was lions, and my second one was my pet cat =/ But I'm sure getting some shots in the wild will be much more fun! And better experience for me too, as I'm hoping to go into wildlife photography.

Good luck to everyone that enters!

They've replied
'Hello Russell,

There is no min or max size.

Thank you for your interest

Kind regards

Hilary Poole
Production Team Assistant
Features & Documentaries
BBC Vision Productions, Birmingham'

maybe an idea to head along to blair drummond safari park and let a few of those poor animals free then :shrug:

:LOL: obviously only kidding, but as its a nice sunny day here in bonny falkirk, might be a good day to go hunting for the otters i've been trying to photo for the last year!!

it's never a good feeling when a simple animal can outwit you at every turn, it's as if they know when i have the camera or not :bang:

think they must have a "mole" in the field leading to the river advising them i'm coming. :bat:

Two of our members had photos published in the Countryfile calendar last year... so lets go for it!! :woot:

Im putting a couple of pics together for this, have never entered a comp before so you never know :)

I wouldnt send anything bigger than A4 or they will probably ignore it though, as very difficult to handle.

This is perfect excuse to get that fishing shot (y)

Two of our members had photos published in the Countryfile calendar last year... so lets go for it!! :woot:
Indeed we did :)

I'm awaiting delivery tomorrow of my entries this year from photobox so I can send them off. I just went with 10x8 as I forget what it was last year - although I am sure there was a max size last year!?

Good luck everyone, lets see if we can get any members in the running again this year :D

Indeed we did :)

I'm awaiting delivery tomorrow of my entries this year from photobox so I can send them off. I just went with 10x8 as I forget what it was last year - although I am sure there was a max size last year!?

Good luck everyone, lets see if we can get any members in the running again this year :D

'Hello Russell,

:rules:There is no min or max size.

Kind regards

Hilary Poole
Features & Documentaries'

As Ian says anything larger than 10x8/A4 may present handling problems.

'Hello Russell,

:rules:There is no min or max size.

Kind regards

Hilary Poole
Features & Documentaries'

As Ian says anything larger than 10x8/A4 may present handling problems.
Yeeeeeeeees, I read that the first time which is why I said...

I am sure there was a max size last year
It was a statement/retorical question ;)

Morning all,

I had to let you all know that the judges from country file are as I type are about to start trauling through the thousands of pics submited. How do I know this, well they have just arived at my work here at Hydepark barracks.

I'll let you guys know if I here or see any more.

Dan

Back