BBC One - Martin Parr Idents

The idents are like most of his work, a load of old cobblers. I have never understood the fuss over Parr's work.

I was unaware that these 'idents' (?) were by Martin Parr until reading this thread. My opinion now that they have been forced in front of me Lord knows how many times is the same as it was on first viewing, i.e. amateurish doodlings.

It is also always unreasonable to counter the argument, "I could have done that," with "yes but you didn't." That does not in itself validate utter tosh.

That line of reasoning is thrown out far too often IMO and is simply intellectual snobbery; Tate's pile of bricks, Tracey Emin's unmade bed...I could go on.............

It is also always unreasonable to counter the argument, "I could have done that," with "yes but you didn't." That does not in itself validate utter tosh.

Not applying this especially to Parr's work, but some things one sees and thinks "If I did that I would not make it known to the public, but would rather hide it".

I was unaware that these 'idents' (?) were by Martin Parr until reading this thread. My opinion now that they have been forced in front of me Lord knows how many times is the same as it was on first viewing, i.e. amateurish doodlings.

That line of reasoning is thrown out far too often IMO and is simply intellectual snobbery; Tate's pile of bricks, Tracey Emin's unmade bed...I could go on.............

I agree. In photographer-speak, it would be..."I would have deleted that".

I agree. In photographer-speak, it would be..."I would have deleted that".

More likely you'd be laughed or rather sneered out of the meeting and would never get the gig. The name, mystique, image is everything.

Back