Be afraid, be very afraid

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Other half's niece popped round last night on her way to a halloween nightclub shindig. "ooh take a picture Ryan" So I did.......

5130713479_5f8c30d099_z.jpg

Taken at 1/20 sec (!!) with the 70-200 VR II, 190mm with ISO 6400(!)

Last edited:
Very atmosperic for Halloween. I guess that you didn't have time to plan and stuff, but I would say that it would look better without the blind on the right. Just a black reflector held up could have got rid of that and made the face really pop out of the page.

The zombie was placed next to blind shadow on purpose - reminded me of Norman Bates' place.

ooh... I like the blind! Kind of gives it a setting and context... or something!

Nice and scary... :eek: good stuff! (y)

When she gets married, do you think she'll pick you as the tog? Hope she picks a different makeup artist!!! ;)

Lighting. Below and slightly to right? You 'Nykon' boys love OCF!

She looks pretty scarey without the make-up!

Ha ha - thanks fellas. Dav - you give me too much credit mate. No OCF here - just a cheap torch help by a 9 year old assistant :D

Ryan...handheld???? 1/20th at 190mm.... Impressive vr or you have arms of steel...or a tripod :)

Nice shot mate, like it....and like that EXIF even more - awesome!

Ryan...handheld???? 1/20th at 190mm.... Impressive vr or you have arms of steel...or a tripod :)

Ha ha. No tripod James - but it took a couple of goes to get a good one. But the good one was pin sharp - even at 6400 ISO. (y)

Ha ha - thanks fellas. Dav - you give me too much credit mate. No OCF here - just a cheap torch help by a 9 year old assistant :D

Nice use of unpaid child labour.:LOL:

Why such a long focal length, Ryan? :thinking:

Nice, dont see why I bought lights when I could have used a couple of torches!

Why such a long focal length, Ryan? :thinking:

Good question. Furniture and my "assistant" were between me and the zombie so i had no choice but to stand back. Either that or move the zombie and then lose the blinds shadow behind. There's a little method in my madness - not much but s little ;)

Back