Beatle on a flower (plus others)

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Having recently bought a macro lens (Sigma 105mm) i've been having a play around in the garden (too hot to go any further. I don't like the heat!). Have a lot to learn but i think we're getting there slowly.

1. Those little beatles you see regularly on flowers that seem to enjoy rooting through the pollen
sunbeam by Ian Taylor, on Flickr

2.Petals of a small pot plant we keep by the kitchen window
Petals by Ian Taylor, on Flickr

3. small spider bumbling about
Dangling over a sea of pink! by Ian Taylor, on Flickr

thanks for looking. Any comments / tips gratefully received!

#1 is my pick… waaaay ahead! :cool:

Agreed, the 1st is the best also and IMO.
Ok so you use a Canon, do you use a flash ?
I ask that as I see that your ISO was high ish and your SS was low ish.

Agreed that the first is my pick as well. It is well lit and the "beatle" is large enough in the frame to be of interest.

Agreed, the 1st is the best also and IMO.
Ok so you use a Canon, do you use a flash ?
I ask that as I see that your ISO was high ish and your SS was low ish.
Have been predominantly hand holding and avoiding flash as i generally dont like the look (only have on camera pop up flash though). Still experimenting and guess I'll find a combination that works for me soon enough!

Thanks for the reply,
Ugly or not, a flash will help you gain a better photo of your subject, lower your ISO to base.
Maybe you could buy or make a diffuser for the pop up flash, it would help immensely.

Thanks for the reply,
Ugly or not, a flash will help you gain a better photo of your subject, lower your ISO to base.
Maybe you could buy or make a diffuser for the pop up flash, it would help immensely.
Cheers Graham. A diffuser is something I've been considering. Apathy keeps getting in the way though!

There is a small diffuser thing that fits over the pop up flash and is discret. I'm sure you would like it.

Back