Beautiful Woodpecker

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
This Grey Headed Woodpecker was a welcome sight whilst we waited and watched for Golden Eagles. It has the most beautiful colouring with the part at the rump so bright in decent light...

Grey Headed Woodpecker by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

That is an absolutely cracking image Mark. I would be absolutely chuffed to bits with that.

Impressive - not just the bird, but whole image.

The composition and the weather are two strong
points but as I look on the larger version, I do not
recognize, Mark, your usual "dead sharp" quality!

…or am I going to have to change my glasses and
/or clean my monitor?

Last edited:
Fabulous capture Mark. I spotted an amazingly similar image in explore today, but not as good imo. https://flic.kr/p/DBecpG
yeah chas was with me and i have similar images to his--just don't know how he does it, he has over 13000 views in 1 day and i have over 100...lol...

The composition and the weather are two strong
points but as I look on the larger version, I do not
recognize, Mark, your usual "dead sharp" quality!

…or am I going to have to change my glasses and
/or clean my monitor?

no your may be quite correct on that, i was using the bare 120-300 Sigma lens on the D700 camera and not my D4s. I have never micro adjusted for the bare lens as it always had the 1.4tc on it however my 1.4tc broke and was showing a Fee error so had to remove it..Will get it micro adjusted shortly though..Cheers...

Beautiful woodpecker and a beautiful image (y) :clap:

yeah chas was with me and i have similar images to his--just don't know how he does it, he has over 13000 views in 1 day and i have over 100...lol...

He's taken seriously he uses a canon cracking image mate I'm sat waiting for my flight also I didn't have a penny to pay over car. Life keeps getting better hope it wasn't to bad getting home. My final couple of drives were exciting to say the least ring you tomorrow evening.
Rich

Last edited:
He's taken seriously he uses a canon cracking image mate I'm sat waiting for my flight also I didn't have a penny to pay over car. Life keeps getting better hope it wasn't to bad getting home. My final couple of drives were exciting to say the least ring you tomorrow evening.
Rich
Cool mate, safe journey. I didn't get back till 11.30pm after our flight was cancelled and we missed all connecting flights etc and had to re-pay but insurance should cover it i think..

Back